Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:54 AM   11
Scarlett P
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 355
Sorry to hear that it came back you dont seem to be ovulating. But thats good you're already getting ball rolling on the bloods and dhs swimmers checked out. How long are your usual cycles? Glad you're going to start temping. Its definitely a good insight to what's happening in there! I've been considering going to an acupuncturists, I've heard positive things! I hope it does the trick for you!


In the main my cycles are 28 - 30 days, although I've had a 32 and 34, which were extra rubbish because I thought I was late and hoping for my BFP! Defo more reason to start temping and using OPKs I think!! I'll let you know if acupuncture makes a difference for me and I've got a friend who is thinking about trying reflexology. I'm on CD7 and just hoping to O this month, rather than hoping for BFP! Really hope this is your month x



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:56 AM   12
Scarlett P
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 355
Sorry I've bodged up trying to reply with Quote DUH!



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM   13
Lovn.sunshine
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicb26 View Post
Hi, I am now ttc no 2, but with no 1 we were ttc for 11 months before getting pregnant. Sadly that ended in mc. After that it tookn4 months to fall pregnant with a sticky bean. I understand completely how devastating it is to see bfn month after month. Defo after a year go to a doctor to get initial tests done, but remember it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. Hope you. Get that bfp soon xx
Hi nicb! So sorry for your previous loss. Lots of luck trying for no. 2! Are you doing anything like charting or using supplements? Did you do anything different when you concieved your sticky bean?
And yea, thank you! We hope so too, and we're def on board for getting all testing done, hopefully it wont cost an arm and a leg though [our insurance doesn't cover labs or any fs related stuff ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett P View Post
In the main my cycles are 28 - 30 days, although I've had a 32 and 34, which were extra rubbish because I thought I was late and hoping for my BFP! Defo more reason to start temping and using OPKs I think!! I'll let you know if acupuncture makes a difference for me and I've got a friend who is thinking about trying reflexology. I'm on CD7 and just hoping to O this month, rather than hoping for BFP! Really hope this is your month x
Thank you Scarlett!! I hope you do ovulate and get a surprise bfp! I've heard good things about fertility and reflexology! I hope it helps for your friend!
That's surprising that they think you're not ovulating. I've always thought that you have long cycles when not oing, but sounds like you have rather regular cycles You may have said this already, but are they doing follow up testing? cd21 test or ultrasound to see if you have any follies developing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett P View Post
Sorry I've bodged up trying to reply with Quote DUH!
Hehe I do that all the time



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM   14
Scarlett P
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 355
Oh a surprise BFP would be amazing but I don't want to set myself up for another month of disappointment! So a good O I'll be happy with!

My Dr was great and just referred me to hospital rather than another 21 dpo test so just waiting for that to get some more answers. Acupuncturist thinks it could be weak O so guess opks will tell.

Are you going to see your Dr or sit it out for a bit longer? Or you planning to do anything different this/next cycle? X



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 13:41 PM   15
Lovn.sunshine
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett P View Post
Oh a surprise BFP would be amazing but I don't want to set myself up for another month of disappointment! So a good O I'll be happy with!

My Dr was great and just referred me to hospital rather than another 21 dpo test so just waiting for that to get some more answers. Acupuncturist thinks it could be weak O so guess opks will tell.

Are you going to see your Dr or sit it out for a bit longer? Or you planning to do anything different this/next cycle? X
Good thinking!

My current doctor is worthless. Wont do anything [testing wise] until we hit one year We may actually wait another month or two before really getting the doc involved just because it's going to cost so much.
If we don't get a bfp this cycle, we're going to go all out and combine everything we've tried in the past plus bd every single day from cd10 [I've ovulated as early as cd11 in the past] through cd20 [I've also ovulated as late as cd19 ] in hopes that we cover, and I mean COVER our bases Hope dh can keep up!

How about you? Other than using opks!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 17:41 PM   16
Goldfish
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,151
Hi ladies! I'm also in my 30s, and been actively TTC for about 1 year (though I think I'm on cycle #13 now due to some short cycles and one annovulatory one that only lasted 2 weeks). I have quite severe endometriosis so I went to see my doctor to get some blood tests - the results were a bit funny so I then went back to get a referral to a fertility centre ...so that's the next step for me, and I'm hoping to get fertility treatment because the surgeon who did my laparoscopy said I already have endometriosis growing back on my ovaries (which is why I don't want to TTC for too long!)

Good luck to all of you and hope you get BFPs soon!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:34 AM   17
Scarlett P
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 355
[QUOTE
My current doctor is worthless. Wont do anything [testing wise] until we hit one year We may actually wait another month or two before really getting the doc involved just because it's going to cost so much.
If we don't get a bfp this cycle, we're going to go all out and combine everything we've tried in the past plus bd every single day from cd10 [I've ovulated as early as cd11 in the past] through cd20 [I've also ovulated as late as cd19 ] in hopes that we cover, and I mean COVER our bases Hope dh can keep up!

How about you? Other than using opks![/QUOTE]



Sorry I'd forgotten you were in America, that must make things so much more difficult and frustrating when you've got to factor in costs for tests etc. Could you change Drs to someone who was more understanding?

I really hope you get your BFP this cycle, but your message really made me LOL! So if not this cycle hope he keeps up and you get your BFP next time!

I've started having acupuncture and the woman I'm seeing has put me on zuo gui wan. I've also cut back to one cup of tea a day (and having horrible headaches because of it) thanks to some other advice I've had on here I think I need to be even more healthy with my diet to try and rebalance my hormones out some more.

Where are you at in your cycle atm?

x



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:38 AM   18
Scarlett P
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 355
LOL and I screwed up the quote thing again LOL!

Hi Goldfish!

Turns out I've been having naughty annovulatory cycles too grrrr! I'm also waiting to get my referral to the fertility clinic.

I'm sorry to hear about your endometriosis, that must be making an already frustrating situation even worse

Who thought after the scary sex ed classes at school that in reality it's actually not so easy to get preggers!

*sigh*

xx



Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 13:30 PM   19
Lovn.sunshine
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
Hi ladies! I'm also in my 30s, and been actively TTC for about 1 year (though I think I'm on cycle #13 now due to some short cycles and one annovulatory one that only lasted 2 weeks). I have quite severe endometriosis so I went to see my doctor to get some blood tests - the results were a bit funny so I then went back to get a referral to a fertility centre ...so that's the next step for me, and I'm hoping to get fertility treatment because the surgeon who did my laparoscopy said I already have endometriosis growing back on my ovaries (which is why I don't want to TTC for too long!)

Good luck to all of you and hope you get BFPs soon!!
Hi Goldfish! I really hope that get you in for treatment for the Endo. That has to be tough to deal with. But I've definitely read plenty of success stories. I really hope you get your bfp soon as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett P View Post
Sorry I'd forgotten you were in America, that must make things so much more difficult and frustrating when you've got to factor in costs for tests etc. Could you change Drs to someone who was more understanding?

I really hope you get your BFP this cycle, but your message really made me LOL! So if not this cycle hope he keeps up and you get your BFP next time!

I've started having acupuncture and the woman I'm seeing has put me on zuo gui wan. I've also cut back to one cup of tea a day (and having horrible headaches because of it) thanks to some other advice I've had on here I think I need to be even more healthy with my diet to try and rebalance my hormones out some more.

Where are you at in your cycle atm?

x
Yes, I'm definitely going to seek out a new doctor. This one is just so rude and cold and I'm not at all comfortable going to her. The doctor I've heard good things about is of course not accepting new patients though

Thank you, hun. I always try to throw a little humor into this kinda thing as it can be so incredible stressful and emotionally trying that if we can't take just a second to giggle we'd all surely lose our sanity!

That is exactly what my dh and I need to start doing to. Eating better is huge. Plus exercise too. I figure I need to be in great shape before getting pregnant as I can see myself being pretty lazy during haha

Today is cd17 and still no o confirmed. Not hugely out of the ordinary. Temp made a slight upward swing so possibly today?

Remind me where you are in yours



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 13:49 PM   20
bonjo808
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 758
Hi everyone. I think this is a good group for me. We are 30ish as well and we've been TTC #2 for 11 cycles. I had a miscarriage last Feb and we've been trying ever since. It took us 9 cycles to conceive our DD so I was semi prepared for it to take some time, but that year mark is fast approaching! I do opks, preseed and I've started charting again but sometimes I find that to be too stressful.

Sorry for anyone who has suffered a loss and good luck to all of us for some BFPs!!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
year

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO