Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 19:22 PM   1
missgenna
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 126

August Hopefuls? [TTC August 2013 Thread]


Hi Everyone!

My name is Genna and hubby an I are TTC #1 after MC due to blighted ovum in April. This site has been super helpful and a great support system for me while I was in the TWW last cycle. So since I got a BFN and AF came around, I thought maybe I would start a new thread for anyone in the same cycle as I am, and TTC! This way we can all support each other and keep somewhat sane!

Feel free to post anything related to your cycle and I hope we can all be TTC buddies

---New this cycle for me: I got a new app for my phone called "Fertility Friend" and noticed I have only been having 10 day LP's which means even if I get pregnant, my uterus will kick everything out and start my period because the days aren't enough to let a sticky baby implant. Anyone have this? How to treat it? I have heard things about vitamin B but I'm scared to do it...I have an OB appointment on the 1st.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 02:03 AM   2
MRSCHERBERT
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 268
HEY HUN,

ME AND HUBBY HAVE BEEN TTC FOR YR AND A HALF, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS 6MNTHS AGO AND AM ON CD 21 OF A 34 DC FIRST ROUND OF CHLOMID NOW IN MY 2WW. I HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH.

TO YOU X



Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 03:42 AM   3
LittleLala
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,269
Hiya
Sorry to hear about the mc. So sad.
I find this site to be very helpful. I used it last year on a different username (which i admittedly have forgotten) and had to stop after a while because I found myself over-obsessing. I stopped TTC after over a year of BFNs and have started trying again now. Hopefully things will be better, I have lost 7kgs so far and feel as though I am in a much stronger place of mind.

I am on CD16 and O'd yesterday... or today, I am not too sure. OPK came back will a definite positive twice. Anyway, the TWW has begun...

Good Luck girlies!!

PS- Fertility Friend is awesome!



Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:41 AM   4
Fleur29
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,652
missgenna - i am just ttc #2 but i just wanted to give you some hope - i was on here when ttc my first and i too was worried about a 10 day luteal phase, but it didnt seem to be a problem for me. I conceived my dd on month three of trying, was having 26/27ish day cycles and ovulating on around day 16, so try not to worry too much at the moment. I'm sorry about your miscarriage i hope you all get bfp's soon XXX



Status: Offline
 
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 07:05 AM   5
frsttimemama
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: US
Posts: 3,515
I'm sorry about your loss! I lost our son at 39 weeks about a month and a half ago. He was stillborn. My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant with Baby #2. I have no idea where I am as far as a cycle goes at this point. I'm just kind of .. waiting I guess. Waiting for AF to come back or a reason to take a pregnancy test (I'd much rather the second choice, please!). I've just started doing the OPK's out of curiosity. I was told before I got pregnant with my son that I had PCOS and may never have kids. It took us 10 months after I stopped taking birth control.. so I'm kind of a nervous wreck about not being able to get pregnant again. I'm no expert at this, but it is nice to have people to talk to about it all!

I have thought about checking out Fertility Friend. I have read about it a few times. People seem to like it.

I would wait until your doctor's appointment and talk to your doctor. I'm way too nervous to take anything that isn't prescribed to me because I'm afraid it will cause some kind of problem if I do manage to get pregnant. Show him or her what you have discovered and see what they have to say.



Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM   6
missgenna
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSCHERBERT View Post
HEY HUN,

ME AND HUBBY HAVE BEEN TTC FOR YR AND A HALF, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS 6MNTHS AGO AND AM ON CD 21 OF A 34 DC FIRST ROUND OF CHLOMID NOW IN MY 2WW. I HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH.

TO YOU X
Hi beautiful!!! AWW when can you test? How did they diagnose your PCOS? WHat were your symptoms? In high school, they thought I had endometriosis, so they put me on BC and I was on it for about 8 years. SO my body is all over the place.

PRAYING for your this month honey!!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:13 AM   7
missgenna
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLala View Post
Hiya
Sorry to hear about the mc. So sad.
I find this site to be very helpful. I used it last year on a different username (which i admittedly have forgotten) and had to stop after a while because I found myself over-obsessing. I stopped TTC after over a year of BFNs and have started trying again now. Hopefully things will be better, I have lost 7kgs so far and feel as though I am in a much stronger place of mind.

I am on CD16 and O'd yesterday... or today, I am not too sure. OPK came back will a definite positive twice. Anyway, the TWW has begun...

Good Luck girlies!!

PS- Fertility Friend is awesome!
Thank you sweetheart! I know, it is easy to get "caught up" in everything. When I was in my TWW last cycle, that's when I joined the site and I felt support but then started OBSESSING! SO I took a step back and regrouped and now I think I can accept it. When you are honest with yourself, it's easier to let go!

Let us know how your TWW goes! When are you testing? Do you have VIP or basic on Fertility Friend?




 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM   8
missgenna
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur29 View Post
missgenna - i am just ttc #2 but i just wanted to give you some hope - i was on here when ttc my first and i too was worried about a 10 day luteal phase, but it didnt seem to be a problem for me. I conceived my dd on month three of trying, was having 26/27ish day cycles and ovulating on around day 16, so try not to worry too much at the moment. I'm sorry about your miscarriage i hope you all get bfp's soon XXX
Awww thank you for the support hun! That really gives me hope! Since I have been pregnant before, it gives me hope that my body is doing what it needs to do.

But I am also worried that maybe my ovulation is "late" so it's poor egg quality (which is one of the causes of blighted ovum/mc that I had) so I really don't know what to think. I have a GYNO appointment today so I will let you guys know what she says!!!!




 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM   9
missgenna
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsttimemama View Post
I'm sorry about your loss! I lost our son at 39 weeks about a month and a half ago. He was stillborn. My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant with Baby #2. I have no idea where I am as far as a cycle goes at this point. I'm just kind of .. waiting I guess. Waiting for AF to come back or a reason to take a pregnancy test (I'd much rather the second choice, please!). I've just started doing the OPK's out of curiosity. I was told before I got pregnant with my son that I had PCOS and may never have kids. It took us 10 months after I stopped taking birth control.. so I'm kind of a nervous wreck about not being able to get pregnant again. I'm no expert at this, but it is nice to have people to talk to about it all!

I have thought about checking out Fertility Friend. I have read about it a few times. People seem to like it.

I would wait until your doctor's appointment and talk to your doctor. I'm way too nervous to take anything that isn't prescribed to me because I'm afraid it will cause some kind of problem if I do manage to get pregnant. Show him or her what you have discovered and see what they have to say.
OMG Girl. I am SO sorry. Nothing I say will make you feel better, and no will will ever know what you went through. But I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am just so so sorry. If you need to talk I am here for you hun. Gosh, life is so crappy sometimes. I am just so sorry.

Be careful with testing with OPK's because they can get confusing. I kept getting what I thought were "lines" but it turns out some people have strong LH ALWAYS in their system which can show up on the OPK. So the last 2 months those have been giving me confusion. So, I bought the Clearblue digital with the 2 different smilies. It REALLY helped last cycle! It told me EXACTLY the days I was fertile. BUT, even though I got positives, I worry if I'm actually dropping eggs. So I started temping. I hope my doctor will be able to tell me if my eggs are old or not. If they are, she might put me on Clomid (like my friend) - she got pregnant the first cycle after that!!!

Keep me updated with what's going on with you sweetie



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM   10
MommyMohr
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 38
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!!!

I just turned 37 years old. I have been married to DH for two years. The month after we got married we got pregnant right away (first month off BC). Our daughter is 17 months and we just started trying for another baby. Last month was a bust as I got yesterday. Today is CD 2.

I do have a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage. I was lucky to conceive her the first month trying as well. I was really hoping to be as lucky a third time, but I guess not. I know that my age probably is not helping matters at this point.

Last month I did use the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and OPKs. I did get a peak on my monitor as well as positive OPks so I am hoping that I did ovulate. This month I am starting to chart as well as use Mucinex to help with my CM. My cycles are a little longer at 30-33 days. I'm thinking I will O around CD 19 or 20 this cycle. I guess we will see.



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
2013 , august , clearblue , digital , emotions , hopefuls , ovulation , test , thread , ttc

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO