Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17th, 2015, 14:02 PM   51
pinkpassion
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: U.S. of Texas
Posts: 6,142
Wow, I had a ton to catch up on!!!

My opks can be almost positive and then back to negative and go back and forth before a positive!! I know I was warned of that before using them!!

That's interesting ways to tell dh, I love pinterest, I'll have to get on and look!!!

I don't know now if I ovulated, my cervix went back to its infertile state, but I don't feel like I normally do after ovulation .. normally I have all kinds of weird things happening (super sore nippples from ovulation to af, cramps, headache, backache and some other things) , this month nothing, my nippples feel fine, I don't even really have any cramps.. I'm thinking I'm out already lol.. o well it'll be fine either way!!



 
Status: Online
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 15:20 PM   52
ashleyg
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpassion View Post
Wow, I had a ton to catch up on!!!

My opks can be almost positive and then back to negative and go back and forth before a positive!! I know I was warned of that before using them!!

That's interesting ways to tell dh, I love pinterest, I'll have to get on and look!!!

I don't know now if I ovulated, my cervix went back to its infertile state, but I don't feel like I normally do after ovulation .. normally I have all kinds of weird things happening (super sore nippples from ovulation to af, cramps, headache, backache and some other things) , this month nothing, my nippples feel fine, I don't even really have any cramps.. I'm thinking I'm out already lol.. o well it'll be fine either way!!
When are you testing?!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 16:14 PM   53
xxemmyxx
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,317
Hi everyone! Please can I join in? I have a 16 month old son. We have been NTNP ever since he was born as we had a hard time conceiving him. My OH has a low sperm count and I have long cycles. They aren't too long at the moment they have settled into around 36 days but I'm ivulating really late, around cd27 so my luteal phase is short. I have only just properly started using opk's and discovered this. I need to go to the doctors I think. This cycle I have taken vitamin b6, Agnus castus, calcium and magnesium and vitamin c. I think I am 7dpo right now cd 33 although I'm not sure because my opks were a bit confusing this cycle which might be the vitamins I'm taking?! However the vitamins have made me feel much better and level hormone wise.

I really want a sibling for my son. I am so so grateful I have him. But now I do feel rubbish I can't give him a sibling as easily as I should be able to! I never thought I would have a big gap and it keeps getting bigger as each wicked AF arrives!!
Sorry for the rambling rant! Hope I can be support to anyone else in the same position. Xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 16:42 PM   54
ashleyg
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxemmyxx View Post
Hi everyone! Please can I join in? I have a 16 month old son. We have been NTNP ever since he was born as we had a hard time conceiving him. My OH has a low sperm count and I have long cycles. They aren't too long at the moment they have settled into around 36 days but I'm ivulating really late, around cd27 so my luteal phase is short. I have only just properly started using opk's and discovered this. I need to go to the doctors I think. This cycle I have taken vitamin b6, Agnus castus, calcium and magnesium and vitamin c. I think I am 7dpo right now cd 33 although I'm not sure because my opks were a bit confusing this cycle which might be the vitamins I'm taking?! However the vitamins have made me feel much better and level hormone wise.

I really want a sibling for my son. I am so so grateful I have him. But now I do feel rubbish I can't give him a sibling as easily as I should be able to! I never thought I would have a big gap and it keeps getting bigger as each wicked AF arrives!!
Sorry for the rambling rant! Hope I can be support to anyone else in the same position. Xx
Yes please join in! I'd love to follow you through all of this!

I'm sorry you're having a hard time conceiving...when are you testing? Are you testing with OPK's or are you waiting to test with an HPT?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 17:26 PM   55
xxemmyxx
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,317
I have done a hpt every day haha I'm an addict! AF is due Wednesday! And it's probably too early but I will just test till BFP or AF xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 17:48 PM   56
MiraclesHappn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg View Post

I totally get what you mean. I believe I had a chemical before AF came this month..I tested pretty early but got a positive test. AF ended up coming and I was super disappointed. I think thats what made us want to TTC this month instead of waiting like we had planned to.
When is your AF due?

It was nice knowing when she was going to be here lol. But I was SO nervous the night before my section. I don't think I even got an hour of sleep haha.
Oh yeah, the bathroom scene was awful! I didn't let my husband in whatsoever. I was so grossed out by it

I loooooove Pinterest. I've been looking up Facebook announcements and announcements for family too. Im still super undecided about what I want to do though haha.

Since have my DD its been kind of all over the place. Some times I count 30 days and others are in between 25 and 28 days. So It's still not super regular. I'm planning on dtd tonight if I'm not too tired lol.
I posted the test on Countdowntopregnancy and it's a mix of votes haha. Some say it looks positive and other say it looks negative still. So I don't know!
Chemical really stinks And I'm sorry you went through that. I can't imagine getting excited then AF rearing her ugly head. That's another reason I really don't want to test unless AF is late. That and with my daughter it took two weeks late until I got a positive. We were super cautious and waited before we made a doctor's appt, told anyone, posted on FB, everything.

I can totally understand what you mean with being nervous before you c-section. They had scheduled an induction for me because I went past due and I did not want to be induced at all, for many reasons, but mostly because I didn't want it to make things more difficult for me with the no epidural thing and because I knew I would be a nervous wreck and would get zero sleep if I knew I would start the labor process on a certain day. Luckily DD stopped her stubborn streak and made her appearance two days before my induction date. Stinker!

I am pretty set on a FB announcement and a gender revel. Other than that I am not quite sure yet. I guess it will just depend on the timing and what feels right for us! There are so many cute ideas out there! So many get way overused too though so it makes it difficult to choose!

If you have some short cycles, 25 days, you very well could be getting ready to ovulate! That would put us just days apart! Woohoo! I'm not surprised by the mixed votes though, people can be so picky as to what a positive looks like. I would say if they start getting less dark for a day or two that was probably a positive! My AF should be due around the 1st of the month, however idk. It was pretty regular, came on almost the exact same day from one month to the next but this last time it was late. We will see what happens!

You better drink some energy drinks or something and get busy tonight! Which reminds me, I think I've read something about either you or DH drinking caffeine if you're wanting a boy? Double-bonus!!



Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 17:53 PM   57
MiraclesHappn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpassion View Post
Wow, I had a ton to catch up on!!!

My opks can be almost positive and then back to negative and go back and forth before a positive!! I know I was warned of that before using them!!

That's interesting ways to tell dh, I love pinterest, I'll have to get on and look!!!

I don't know now if I ovulated, my cervix went back to its infertile state, but I don't feel like I normally do after ovulation .. normally I have all kinds of weird things happening (super sore nippples from ovulation to af, cramps, headache, backache and some other things) , this month nothing, my nippples feel fine, I don't even really have any cramps.. I'm thinking I'm out already lol.. o well it'll be fine either way!!
I always quit testing with OPKs after they look positive then have a day or two of negative. I thought about continuing this cycle to make sure they didn't go back and forth what with my body being screwed up, it seems. But I've also had so many other symptoms of O that I don't really doubt the tests. One thing that has been super unreliable for me is temping. I never have a big dip or spike. It always throws me off and worries me.

Maybe you having no symptoms like normal is a good sign because it's something different. Maybe your body's way of telling you something is up is by being super nice to you for now, because it's in the process of a cooking a baby! Just giving you a break before it all begins! Don't count yourself out yet! When are you supposed to get AF?

Did you do anything special to announce your pregnancy last time?



Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 18:06 PM   58
MiraclesHappn
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxemmyxx View Post
Hi everyone! Please can I join in? I have a 16 month old son. We have been NTNP ever since he was born as we had a hard time conceiving him. My OH has a low sperm count and I have long cycles. They aren't too long at the moment they have settled into around 36 days but I'm ivulating really late, around cd27 so my luteal phase is short. I have only just properly started using opk's and discovered this. I need to go to the doctors I think. This cycle I have taken vitamin b6, Agnus castus, calcium and magnesium and vitamin c. I think I am 7dpo right now cd 33 although I'm not sure because my opks were a bit confusing this cycle which might be the vitamins I'm taking?! However the vitamins have made me feel much better and level hormone wise.

I really want a sibling for my son. I am so so grateful I have him. But now I do feel rubbish I can't give him a sibling as easily as I should be able to! I never thought I would have a big gap and it keeps getting bigger as each wicked AF arrives!!
Sorry for the rambling rant! Hope I can be support to anyone else in the same position. Xx
Welcome to you!!

How long did it take you to fall pregnant with your son? Have you ever looked into Fertilitea or Vitex? I'm a huge believer in Vitex!

I feel the same way about the growing age gap. I used to swear I wanted at least 3 year gap, now that that gets close I wish I would have started trying much sooner. I don't fall pregnant easily either and the age my daughter is at now she would be so great with a sibling! I just wish I could give her one like, yesterday haha. Especially now that she asks for one! She would be such a great big sister!

I know when you have difficulty you really don't care one way or another, but do you have a gender preference?

When do you expect AF? Being post O is good though! Hope to see your on here soon!!



Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 18:40 PM   59
ashleyg
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclesHappn View Post
Chemical really stinks And I'm sorry you went through that. I can't imagine getting excited then AF rearing her ugly head. That's another reason I really don't want to test unless AF is late. That and with my daughter it took two weeks late until I got a positive. We were super cautious and waited before we made a doctor's appt, told anyone, posted on FB, everything.

I can totally understand what you mean with being nervous before you c-section. They had scheduled an induction for me because I went past due and I did not want to be induced at all, for many reasons, but mostly because I didn't want it to make things more difficult for me with the no epidural thing and because I knew I would be a nervous wreck and would get zero sleep if I knew I would start the labor process on a certain day. Luckily DD stopped her stubborn streak and made her appearance two days before my induction date. Stinker!

I am pretty set on a FB announcement and a gender revel. Other than that I am not quite sure yet. I guess it will just depend on the timing and what feels right for us! There are so many cute ideas out there! So many get way overused too though so it makes it difficult to choose!

If you have some short cycles, 25 days, you very well could be getting ready to ovulate! That would put us just days apart! Woohoo! I'm not surprised by the mixed votes though, people can be so picky as to what a positive looks like. I would say if they start getting less dark for a day or two that was probably a positive! My AF should be due around the 1st of the month, however idk. It was pretty regular, came on almost the exact same day from one month to the next but this last time it was late. We will see what happens!

You better drink some energy drinks or something and get busy tonight! Which reminds me, I think I've read something about either you or DH drinking caffeine if you're wanting a boy? Double-bonus!!
Thanks It sucks but I think it kind of gave me the push I needed to make up my mind if we really wanted to start TTC.
I'm super impatient and I know I couldn't wait until I'm late LOL. Especially since I'm so irregular still I don't really know when it's coming! You have some will power waiting that long! :thumb up:

Isn't that usually how it goes though? You plan for the induction and then baby shows up early? haha. That's what happened for a lot my friends! It's nuts.

I know what you mean! I can't wait to see your announcement and reveal! I'm a huge planner so I have a ton of things pinned for what I would like to do. If I actually end up doing it we'll see haha.

Even I wasn't sure if it looks positive or not. It's so hard to tell sometimes. I am testing one more time tonight though just to see what it looks like.
So if you have positive tests for a day or so...and then it goes back to negative then you're done ovulating, correct?

Hahah sometimes I have my mind set on us then I end up falling asleep! I feel so old now that I have a LO I'm going to try to dtd tonight though!!

I'll be waiting for you to test! I'm so excited for you!!
You'd better post your test results here lady!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2015, 19:03 PM   60
hal423
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 625
Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in a while - we've been traveling a lot.

Ashley - sorry to hear about your chemical. Finger crossed for this cycle! Looks like you're almost positive on your OPKs!

Miracles - I have a 2.5 year old and am now regretting that we didn't start trying for #2 sooner. I think she'd be a great big sister at this age and I don't want to have them too far apart that they won't be interested in playing together.

Pink - You're not out! Sometimes I feel differently around O too. Sometimes I get really sharp pains before O and get very bloated and sometimes nada. Don't stress and stay positive!

Emmy - welcome and I hear ya about the POAS addiction. I ordered 25 wondfos and now I'm like "why didn't I order more?!"

As for my "reveal," I was at old navy a couple weeks ago and saw this shirt that said "this is what an awesome sister looks like." Whenever I do get that BFP I plan on putting that on her while daddy is making coffee and having her run in the kitchen like she does every morning.

I just took my first OPK and I think it looks almost positive - what do you guys think?



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO