Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 17:20 PM   9971
mzswizz
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 12,676
Monae-yeah hopefully that works for him. Sucks that it doesn't cover his meds though.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 00:33 AM   9972
SLCMommy
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 1,945
NOOOO!!!!! I just typed a big thing and the page refreshed on me!! GRRR...

1) Patrice, Monae & Laura.... I need one of you ladies to get a BFP so I'm not the lone pregnant chick!! hahaha

2) I can't believe I am 27 weeks already! But, I say that with each passing week... LOL. It's just exciting to feel her move. Except that my ribs and upper abdomen is really sore and my back and shoulders ache real bad

3) I just got done watching the Showtime/BBC series The Tudors! It was SO good, but somewhat historically inaccurate. Had no Idea that Queen Elizabeth 1 was actually Anne Boleyn's daughter. Has anyone watched that series as well? I think it was such a good idea to have authentic Irish/British actors! Because even if they had to tweek their accent to the Queen's English, it was so much better than hiring American actors to do so and try and fake phony accents. I'm not sure if they all were Irish & British, as Natalie Dormer said she actually auditioned for the part of Anne Boleyn here in the states in New York City in New York State. Frankly, comparing the two, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is probably way better looking than what Henry VIII actually looked like but towards the end of the series I was getting annoyed with him. It was almost as if he tried too hard. While the people & stories were adapted by real-life events, some of the story lines and timelines were incredibly off but it was never made to be historically accurate. Who wants to see a real like 50 year old bedding 16 year old Queen Katherine Howard? No thanks. LOL. I'd rather see a hot guy LOL. Kidding, but still. They could of at least have made Jonathan who played Henry VIII have red hair for crying out loud. Now, after seeing the series AND the move, The Other Boleyn Girl I have to say that I do love both. I love how with The Tudors, even if some parts were totally fictional, you got to see more of the day-to-day interaction between Anne Boleyn & Henry, however, I prefer Natalie Portman's portrayal of Anne over Natalie Dormer. Which, oddly, Portman is American with a horrible fake British accent but IMO her execution scene was far better with more emotion. The very thought of getting your head chopped off is scary! yikes! Especially since after that happens your brain still thinks and feels for over 8 seconds so your aware your head is off your body! But, in other ways I like Dormer. I guess I can't REALLY chose my favorite but if I did have to chose between the two, I'd chose Portman. I just love her anyways, she's a beautiful actress. Although both actresses physically are wonderful, Portman looks closer to what the real Queen Anne Boleyn would look like. Upon that, knowing what Queen Mary 1 did in her five-six year reign, burning protestants at the stake knowing the back story about what her father did to her mother and her, and the reformation from the Catholic Church to The Church Of England, I can see why Mary herself wanted to reinstate England as a Catholic Nation. In any case, since my ancestors are from England/UK/London area and my husband's are from Scotland, we are going to try and save up for a couples trip over there. The trip won't happen anytime soon, because we have to save up but hopefully within a year or two's time we can take a trip there. I'm not sure if we will get to Scotland for financial reasons, but it's a place on our list that my DH really wants to go too sometime. The most of our trip to London I think will be visiting more of the historical sites.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 06:32 AM   9973
BBWttc29
On a break (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Orlando,Fl
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMommy View Post
NOOOO!!!!! I just typed a big thing and the page refreshed on me!! GRRR...

1) Patrice, Monae & Laura.... I need one of you ladies to get a BFP so I'm not the lone pregnant chick!! hahaha

2) I can't believe I am 27 weeks already! But, I say that with each passing week... LOL. It's just exciting to feel her move. Except that my ribs and upper abdomen is really sore and my back and shoulders ache real bad

3) I just got done watching the Showtime/BBC series The Tudors! It was SO good, but somewhat historically inaccurate. Had no Idea that Queen Elizabeth 1 was actually Anne Boleyn's daughter. Has anyone watched that series as well? I think it was such a good idea to have authentic Irish/British actors! Because even if they had to tweek their accent to the Queen's English, it was so much better than hiring American actors to do so and try and fake phony accents. I'm not sure if they all were Irish & British, as Natalie Dormer said she actually auditioned for the part of Anne Boleyn here in the states in New York City in New York State. Frankly, comparing the two, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is probably way better looking than what Henry VIII actually looked like but towards the end of the series I was getting annoyed with him. It was almost as if he tried too hard. While the people & stories were adapted by real-life events, some of the story lines and timelines were incredibly off but it was never made to be historically accurate. Who wants to see a real like 50 year old bedding 16 year old Queen Katherine Howard? No thanks. LOL. I'd rather see a hot guy LOL. Kidding, but still. They could of at least have made Jonathan who played Henry VIII have red hair for crying out loud. Now, after seeing the series AND the move, The Other Boleyn Girl I have to say that I do love both. I love how with The Tudors, even if some parts were totally fictional, you got to see more of the day-to-day interaction between Anne Boleyn & Henry, however, I prefer Natalie Portman's portrayal of Anne over Natalie Dormer. Which, oddly, Portman is American with a horrible fake British accent but IMO her execution scene was far better with more emotion. The very thought of getting your head chopped off is scary! yikes! Especially since after that happens your brain still thinks and feels for over 8 seconds so your aware your head is off your body! But, in other ways I like Dormer. I guess I can't REALLY chose my favorite but if I did have to chose between the two, I'd chose Portman. I just love her anyways, she's a beautiful actress. Although both actresses physically are wonderful, Portman looks closer to what the real Queen Anne Boleyn would look like. Upon that, knowing what Queen Mary 1 did in her five-six year reign, burning protestants at the stake knowing the back story about what her father did to her mother and her, and the reformation from the Catholic Church to The Church Of England, I can see why Mary herself wanted to reinstate England as a Catholic Nation. In any case, since my ancestors are from England/UK/London area and my husband's are from Scotland, we are going to try and save up for a couples trip over there. The trip won't happen anytime soon, because we have to save up but hopefully within a year or two's time we can take a trip there. I'm not sure if we will get to Scotland for financial reasons, but it's a place on our list that my DH really wants to go too sometime. The most of our trip to London I think will be visiting more of the historical sites.
I really hope to get my BFP Soon as well. Even though the insurance company won't cover dh's meds I looked up testosterone gel which is what he was prescribed and it says it can cause problems with fertility in men. I did see that for people ttc a lot of doctors prescribe clomid. So dh is going to talk to his dr and see what happens



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 23:14 PM   9974
mzswizz
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 12,676
Here is the tattoo I got today



Attached Images
File Type: jpg mi tat1.jpg (27.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg mi tat2.jpg (26.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg mi tat3.jpg (26.5 KB, 1 views)
 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 23:21 PM   9975
SLCMommy
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 1,945
Patrice- That tattoo is super pretty!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 23:23 PM   9976
mzswizz
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 12,676
Thanks Ashley. I got it done today. It is the exact replica of what my friend drew except the heart because I decided that I didn't want the heart. But other than that..it came out amazing! I love it! And it's my 1st tattoo. It actually didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 06:47 AM   9977
BBWttc29
On a break (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Orlando,Fl
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzswizz View Post
Thanks Ashley. I got it done today. It is the exact replica of what my friend drew except the heart because I decided that I didn't want the heart. But other than that..it came out amazing! I love it! And it's my 1st tattoo. It actually didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.
It looks really nice!!!!!' Well I got my insurance card today..



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 14:24 PM   9978
mzswizz
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 12,676
Monae-Thanks! And yay so are you going to set up a doc appt. now?

AFM, its cd18 today and I will be leaving to go to my doc appt. in a few minutes. Im excited! Hopefully I get the Clomid will update once I get back.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 18:42 PM   9979
mzswizz
Trying to conceive (TTC)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 12,676
AFM, i got prescribed Clomid! I start it on my next cycle Also, found out that I dont have PCOS but i do have anovulatory cycles because he said that my progesterone levels are low. So fxed for next cycle.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Sep 18th, 2013, 21:21 PM   9980
BBWttc29
On a break (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Orlando,Fl
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzswizz View Post
Monae-Thanks! And yay so are you going to set up a doc appt. now?

AFM, its cd18 today and I will be leaving to go to my doc appt. in a few minutes. Im excited! Hopefully I get the Clomid will update once I get back.
Yes I will make an appt tomorrow..I wanna get my progesterone tested



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
buddies , official , ttc

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO