Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 13:25 PM   31
ameeann
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cumbria, UK
Posts: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. JSH View Post
After going off my bcp in September, I had my withdrawal bleed and then I've had nothing for 80 days now, so I have no idea when AF will come or when I'm ovulating. It aggravates me and worries me sometimes, but for the most part I just try not to think about it, and I act like any time we bd could be the right time to make a baby, which I guess it kind of could since I literally have no idea when I might be ovulating. I tell the hubby that too and it makes bd-ing much more fun thinking we might be making a baby. I'm just going to stick with that plan for now as I don't feel like temping or anything until we've been trying for at least 6 months without anything happening. Just trying to keep it low stress.

Good luck girls!!
I took the same approach before I got my AF back too! There's no point in worrying about it too much, the only reason I've started using OPKs and temping this cycle is because I'm terrified that ovulation hadn't returned after coming off the BCP!
ugh I worry far too much



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 13:37 PM   32
Mrs. JSH
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 169
It's hard not to worry about it all. I almost wish I was less informed so it would be easier to believe that it could just happen whenever. And it's especially hard when people ask you about getting pregnant a lot, which happens to me b/c I couldn't keep it to myself and told some friends when we started "trying" because I was so excited about it. And whenever they ask me about it and I say I haven't got AF yet they say "test, test, you must be pregnant!". But I've done enough research to know that's most likely not the case. I don't feel pregnant or anything like that and I've taken bcp for so long that I'm sure my body is just messed up. But I won't upset myself by testing and am putting off the stress of temping and all that till I absolutely can't take it anymore.

One of my husbands coworkers asked me at a gathering a couple of weeks ago if we would be expecting a baby soon, and I said hopefully if we're lucky. Seems like it's not that easy. And he said Of course it's easy, just do it a lot. Really??!! People have no idea. He and his wife were a couple of hippies who probably never used bcp and got pregnant when they were 20. They have no idea the challenges of long term bcp use. I just wanted to slap him upside the head! lol

Sorry, I have no idea where that rant came from...



Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 13:56 PM   33
almosthere
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 5,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. JSH View Post
After going off my bcp in September, I had my withdrawal bleed and then I've had nothing for 80 days now, so I have no idea when AF will come or when I'm ovulating. It aggravates me and worries me sometimes, but for the most part I just try not to think about it, and I act like any time we bd could be the right time to make a baby, which I guess it kind of could since I literally have no idea when I might be ovulating. I tell the hubby that too and it makes bd-ing much more fun thinking we might be making a baby. I'm just going to stick with that plan for now as I don't feel like temping or anything until we've been trying for at least 6 months without anything happening. Just trying to keep it low stress.

Good luck girls!!
I came off BCP's in sept as well, but silly me, i took the first week then stopped b.c DH was ready a few weeks early! I have had very very light spotting with minimal flow for AF since, you have not had any sign of AF at all? no spotting? FX you won't have to see it and get your BFP instead!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 14:09 PM   34
ameeann
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cumbria, UK
Posts: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. JSH View Post
It's hard not to worry about it all. I almost wish I was less informed so it would be easier to believe that it could just happen whenever. And it's especially hard when people ask you about getting pregnant a lot, which happens to me b/c I couldn't keep it to myself and told some friends when we started "trying" because I was so excited about it. And whenever they ask me about it and I say I haven't got AF yet they say "test, test, you must be pregnant!". But I've done enough research to know that's most likely not the case. I don't feel pregnant or anything like that and I've taken bcp for so long that I'm sure my body is just messed up. But I won't upset myself by testing and am putting off the stress of temping and all that till I absolutely can't take it anymore.

One of my husbands coworkers asked me at a gathering a couple of weeks ago if we would be expecting a baby soon, and I said hopefully if we're lucky. Seems like it's not that easy. And he said Of course it's easy, just do it a lot. Really??!! People have no idea. He and his wife were a couple of hippies who probably never used bcp and got pregnant when they were 20. They have no idea the challenges of long term bcp use. I just wanted to slap him upside the head! lol

Sorry, I have no idea where that rant came from...
I made the exact same mistake! me and my stupid big mouth!!!!!
I hate it when people ask me I feel so stupid for ever thinking it would be easy!! I hate these people that it just happens for them!! ( well more jealousy than hate tbh!! ) lol but yeh I know what you mean . . . just dont use anything and have lots of sex, yeh coz its that easy . . .



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 14:18 PM   35
cmarie33
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Yorkshire, england
Posts: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameeann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. JSH View Post
It's hard not to worry about it all. I almost wish I was less informed so it would be easier to believe that it could just happen whenever. And it's especially hard when people ask you about getting pregnant a lot, which happens to me b/c I couldn't keep it to myself and told some friends when we started "trying" because I was so excited about it. And whenever they ask me about it and I say I haven't got AF yet they say "test, test, you must be pregnant!". But I've done enough research to know that's most likely not the case. I don't feel pregnant or anything like that and I've taken bcp for so long that I'm sure my body is just messed up. But I won't upset myself by testing and am putting off the stress of temping and all that till I absolutely can't take it anymore.

One of my husbands coworkers asked me at a gathering a couple of weeks ago if we would be expecting a baby soon, and I said hopefully if we're lucky. Seems like it's not that easy. And he said Of course it's easy, just do it a lot. Really??!! People have no idea. He and his wife were a couple of hippies who probably never used bcp and got pregnant when they were 20. They have no idea the challenges of long term bcp use. I just wanted to slap him upside the head! lol

Sorry, I have no idea where that rant came from...
I made the exact same mistake! me and my stupid big mouth!!!!!
I hate it when people ask me I feel so stupid for ever thinking it would be easy!! I hate these people that it just happens for them!! ( well more jealousy than hate tbh!! ) lol but yeh I know what you mean . . . just dont use anything and have lots of sex, yeh coz its that easy . . .
Oh god I did the same! Luckily there were peole at work who I can talk to about tww, symptoms etc but others joke bout placing bets when I'm going to get pg etc !



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 14:32 PM   36
ameeann
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cumbria, UK
Posts: 1,726
every time I see one girl . . . shes like so you pregnant yet? it's like she's getting frustrated with me not getting pregnant!!!

I don't need a constant reminder! lol



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 14:36 PM   37
cmarie33
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Yorkshire, england
Posts: 2,365
Haha we should start a 'we should never have opened our big mouths' thread!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 14:42 PM   38
Mrs. JSH
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. JSH View Post
After going off my bcp in September, I had my withdrawal bleed and then I've had nothing for 80 days now, so I have no idea when AF will come or when I'm ovulating. It aggravates me and worries me sometimes, but for the most part I just try not to think about it, and I act like any time we bd could be the right time to make a baby, which I guess it kind of could since I literally have no idea when I might be ovulating. I tell the hubby that too and it makes bd-ing much more fun thinking we might be making a baby. I'm just going to stick with that plan for now as I don't feel like temping or anything until we've been trying for at least 6 months without anything happening. Just trying to keep it low stress.

Good luck girls!!
I came off BCP's in sept as well, but silly me, i took the first week then stopped b.c DH was ready a few weeks early! I have had very very light spotting with minimal flow for AF since, you have not had any sign of AF at all? no spotting? FX you won't have to see it and get your BFP instead!!
No, nothing at all! I was on Jolessa, so would have my period every 3 months. I finished my pack and the dr said my period would probably resume to a normal cycle, but I've had nothing. This past Saturday was 11 weeks, so I'm gonna wait and see if I get my period next week, as that would be 3 months, so I'm thinking maybe my body will just be acting like it did on the pill. If no AF that week, I'm going to take a test just to make sure, even though I really don't want to because I feel like it will be depressing. Then I'm going to call my dr and see what she says about it. I'd love to think it's because I'm pregnant but unless I'm like those crazy ladies on I didn't know I was pregnant, I doubt it, cause I've felt no noticeable symptoms. We'll see...

But thanks for the well wishes and positive energy Good luck to you as well!!



Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 15:06 PM   39
Mrs. JSH
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameeann View Post
every time I see one girl . . . shes like so you pregnant yet? it's like she's getting frustrated with me not getting pregnant!!!

I don't need a constant reminder! lol

Same here! I love the girls I work with, but one of the two that I told talks to my belly like there's a baby in there all the time. Every morning she asks if I got my AF yet and when I say no she says hi little baby to my belly. It's nice because I know she is excited for me and wants me to get pregnant, but I've talked to her about the stuff I've read on BnB and how so many women are having a hard time getting preganant, especially girls who were on bcp for a long time, but it's like she doesn't believe me or something.

Oh well, people don't know what it's like till they're in the situation themselves.



Status: Offline
 
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 15:07 PM   40
ameeann
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cumbria, UK
Posts: 1,726
my friend found out she was pregnant last week . . . shes 22 weeks!!! how she didn't know I will never understand!! lol and @CMARIE33 we deffo should!! us big mouthed ladies . . . imagine what we will be like when we get BFP's waiting out the 12 week period!!! HARD TIMES AHEAD!! haha



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
frustrating, knowing, ovulating

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO