Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 20:54 PM   41
Babyseed08
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 13
Well ladies I believe my OH and I have had the first major bump in the road to baby making, my unspoken stress and his frustration on my obvious though unspoken stress about TTC has led to a meltdown on my end. I'm feeling defeated by the process right now, even though my OPK is officially positive today, I'm struggling to find the heart to BD knowing we a both emotionally not ok today! On the treadmill trying to ask Gods help for resolution and help just letting go. I would love advice if anyone has been here and done this. Till then thank you guys



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 13:50 PM   42
lauren26
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado, US
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyseed08 View Post
Well ladies I believe my OH and I have had the first major bump in the road to baby making, my unspoken stress and his frustration on my obvious though unspoken stress about TTC has led to a meltdown on my end. I'm feeling defeated by the process right now, even though my OPK is officially positive today, I'm struggling to find the heart to BD knowing we a both emotionally not ok today! On the treadmill trying to ask Gods help for resolution and help just letting go. I would love advice if anyone has been here and done this. Till then thank you guys
Babyseed - I'm so sorry, it can be really, really hard and emotional!! It's one of those things that's not easy to talk about with friends and family, or even our OH's, like you're saying. And I know what you mean about it feeling like it HAS to be done, even when you're feeling like crap and BD is the last thing on your mind. My OH and I have been there these past couple of months. It's a total emotional rollercoaster! On the one hand, you want to stay up and positive because it's such and exciting prospect, and on the other it's just wearing and we, as women TTC, become super aware of our moods, bodies, hormones, etc. What you're going through is normal but very hard.

I think asking for God's help is a great place to start! This process is particularly frustrating for me because I'm someone who loves to control and there's just no way to control when pregnancy will happen. So I FEEL you--and I think that surrendering the entire thing to a higher power can be really helpful. I have a therapist and I've brought some of my feelings about TTC into my sessions, which has actually really helped--just to have someone who doesn't know me (like my partner or family or friends do) to listen is a relief--there's no judgement. I would suggest this--my OH and I also used to go to couples counseling just for basic maintenance and it was amazing. We haven't gone together since TTC, but we both really loved the chance to process together in a safe space and be mirrored by an uninvested party. Maybe you guys could look into that!

TTC is a process that only a niche group of people understand, an usually that group is not the people around us in everyday life. We are here for you on BnB!!

Be gentle with yourself--that's the most important thing.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 14:38 PM   43
piya
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,793
hi friends,
how is everything going on..
destressed myself and hubby by good music in candle night at home tonight..felt rejuvenated.. like our first meet..
sending lots of baby dust to everyone...



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 22:19 PM   44
lauren26
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado, US
Posts: 3,265
Hey all,

I started a new thread for this in TTC but got no response so wondered if any of you have insight. Here's the copy/paste--it is long...

So I'm pretty positive I had a chemical and early mc about five days ago...I can't confirm for sure because I'm right in between insurance (dang!), but I got a very faint positive on hpt the morning before the alleged mc...And it was a very intense bleed that came on quick, four days early (very unusual for me), complete with very, very bad cramping, clots and vomiting.

My question relates to this: my BBT dropped below the coverline for two days a few days prior to the mc, and have stayed above it ever since, with the exception of yesterday, which could be thrown out as my room was freezing and I woke up with my mouth wide open. Also, I got my crazy 40 pack of OPK strips in the mail just now and decided, for fun, to do one even though I'm only on CD 5 according to FF. It's pretty close to being positive--not all the way there yet.

So the questions:

1. Why is my BBT still high after this mc/chemical/whatever it was? My temps last month plummeted the morning I got AF, and she came right on time at dpo 14.

2. Why is my OPK already almost positive?? Could the chemical cause me to ovulate early?

I feel afraid that there is something crazy going on with my body that should concern me....Has anyone else had an experience like this? I have done more hpts since starting to bleed, just in case, and always bfn, so I don't think it's that (that's what I would suspect with this many high temps).

There is a link to my chart on here. If anyone has insight that would be really helpful! Thought I'd know about my insurance on Thurs and it's been delayed--right when I need to talk to a doc the most

Here is the OPK




 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 01:17 AM   45
SleepyOwl
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren26 View Post
Hey all,

I started a new thread for this in TTC but got no response so wondered if any of you have insight. Here's the copy/paste--it is long...

So I'm pretty positive I had a chemical and early mc about five days ago...I can't confirm for sure because I'm right in between insurance (dang!), but I got a very faint positive on hpt the morning before the alleged mc...And it was a very intense bleed that came on quick, four days early (very unusual for me), complete with very, very bad cramping, clots and vomiting.

My question relates to this: my BBT dropped below the coverline for two days a few days prior to the mc, and have stayed above it ever since, with the exception of yesterday, which could be thrown out as my room was freezing and I woke up with my mouth wide open. Also, I got my crazy 40 pack of OPK strips in the mail just now and decided, for fun, to do one even though I'm only on CD 5 according to FF. It's pretty close to being positive--not all the way there yet.

So the questions:

1. Why is my BBT still high after this mc/chemical/whatever it was? My temps last month plummeted the morning I got AF, and she came right on time at dpo 14.

2. Why is my OPK already almost positive?? Could the chemical cause me to ovulate early?

I feel afraid that there is something crazy going on with my body that should concern me....Has anyone else had an experience like this? I have done more hpts since starting to bleed, just in case, and always bfn, so I don't think it's that (that's what I would suspect with this many high temps).

There is a link to my chart on here. If anyone has insight that would be really helpful! Thought I'd know about my insurance on Thurs and it's been delayed--right when I need to talk to a doc the most

Here is the OPK

Sorry to hear that Lauren

Because I'm obsessive, I just googled for like 30 minutes. So per Google, seems like a lot of women's BBTs stay high after a chemical, but eventually go back to normal. As for the positive OPK, I have no idea. I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. Could the OPK be going off leftover preg hormones? Seems super early to ovulate - or maybe you are and you're super fertile??



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 03:01 AM   46
lauren26
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado, US
Posts: 3,265
Thanks, sleepy!! I tried to google and was having a hard time getting answers. I'm glad to know it's normal...hopefully my temps will drop soon and I'll just O on time! I'm an obsessive and a googler, too . I'll see what the bbt reads tomorrow am. Thanks for helping! I feel relieved.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 19:25 PM   47
SleepyOwl
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 1,901
How's everyone doing?

Lauren - did your BBT ever go down?

All is well on my end. Waiting to O. I started temping this cycle and my temps are ALL over and super high the past two days, but I know I haven't O'd yet. No EWCM or ovulation pains. Regardless, been BD'ing juuuust to be safe. Not trying to risk missing it. I bought some OPK's and have no clue what I'm doing. I took a test yesterday and today and they were both negative. I'm kind of nervous because my hubby is going out of town on Wednesday night and won't be back til Sunday. We're going to BD Weds before he leaves, and as soon as we get back home on Sunday, but I'm really really scared that I'm going to O on like Saturday and totally miss my chance this month. I guess there's nothing I can really do; it's just been in the back of my mind for the past week or so. Fingers crossed this is my month!!



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 23:40 PM   48
lauren26
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado, US
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOwl View Post
How's everyone doing?

Lauren - did your BBT ever go down?

All is well on my end. Waiting to O. I started temping this cycle and my temps are ALL over and super high the past two days, but I know I haven't O'd yet. No EWCM or ovulation pains. Regardless, been BD'ing juuuust to be safe. Not trying to risk missing it. I bought some OPK's and have no clue what I'm doing. I took a test yesterday and today and they were both negative. I'm kind of nervous because my hubby is going out of town on Wednesday night and won't be back til Sunday. We're going to BD Weds before he leaves, and as soon as we get back home on Sunday, but I'm really really scared that I'm going to O on like Saturday and totally miss my chance this month. I guess there's nothing I can really do; it's just been in the back of my mind for the past week or so. Fingers crossed this is my month!!
Hey Sleepy - My BBT did go down yesterday, finally. My period was kind of long, and my BBT went down after the first few heavy days.

When you say the OPKs were both negative do you mean two tests, or that neither line showed up? It may have been a bad test. What dpo are you at? You could totally BD on Weds and ovulate on Saturday and still get pregnant...I see charts on FF all the time where the woman ovulated 5 days after BD. Have you tried PreSeed?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 00:16 AM   49
sweetie888
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashimiMimi View Post
Hi Ladies! Hope you're all well today. Welcom ljbbabyplease! I know what you mean about people telling you about "the glow." I got that same comment too at someone's baby shower. It's probably because I've slacked at the gym lately and am putting on weight! Irregular cycles are tough. I've been fairly regular since going off the pill a year ago, but I wish doctors told young women going on the pill what it would be like to go off of it 10+ years later. It's like I've totally had to get reacquainted with my body... Not to mention my skin was really bad for a couple months after I stopped the pill. Worse than when I was a teen!

.
Hi Ladies! Hope you guys don't mind if I join in! It's nice to see a thread with some women closer in age. I'm 32 and DH is 39. I felt like most of the women on BnB are sooo much younger than us! It will be the 2nd/3rd cycle for us TTC. It's a bit off since last month I got the flu really bad during O week.

SashimiMimi - I know what you mean about the pill and coming off it. I was on for almost 12 years too. I also experienced horrible breakouts after coming off the pill. I finally got a IPL laser treatment which has helped control the horribly painful outbursts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashimiMimi View Post
P.S. I can imagine how overwhelming the march testers thread would have been!! I told my mom about this board and she asked why I wasn't chatting with people who had their BFPs right away for "positive encouragement" Lol!!! I was like no... I run into those people IRL every day. Finding people who are in the same boat as you IS a positive reminder that we all have our own TTC paths to follow.
Yeah - my mom has been bugging me to get pregnant for as long as I've been married now. After the first month TTC and getting a negative, I had to tell her to get her off my back. And I was explaining to her "the window period" of fertility. She just gave me a "hmph! who said so? in our day you just do it and get pregnant!" Well, okay. That's great. :/

Nice to "meet" all you ladies here! Baby dust all around!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM   50
SleepyOwl
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOwl View Post
How's everyone doing?

Lauren - did your BBT ever go down?

All is well on my end. Waiting to O. I started temping this cycle and my temps are ALL over and super high the past two days, but I know I haven't O'd yet. No EWCM or ovulation pains. Regardless, been BD'ing juuuust to be safe. Not trying to risk missing it. I bought some OPK's and have no clue what I'm doing. I took a test yesterday and today and they were both negative. I'm kind of nervous because my hubby is going out of town on Wednesday night and won't be back til Sunday. We're going to BD Weds before he leaves, and as soon as we get back home on Sunday, but I'm really really scared that I'm going to O on like Saturday and totally miss my chance this month. I guess there's nothing I can really do; it's just been in the back of my mind for the past week or so. Fingers crossed this is my month!!
Hey Sleepy - My BBT did go down yesterday, finally. My period was kind of long, and my BBT went down after the first few heavy days.

When you say the OPKs were both negative do you mean two tests, or that neither line showed up? It may have been a bad test. What dpo are you at? You could totally BD on Weds and ovulate on Saturday and still get pregnant...I see charts on FF all the time where the woman ovulated 5 days after BD. Have you tried PreSeed?
Welcome Sweetie!! The more the merrier - its totally great having people around the same age on here. Great support system!

Lauren, glad your BBT's went down finally! Hopefully you can reset and get your BFP this month. As for the OPK's, I took two (one on Sunday and Monday) and only one line showed up (which I'm pretty sure is the control line, right?). So of course I'm like sitting in the bathroom with a pee cup and a stick, reading the directions and I'm pretty sure that means negative. I'm still trying to figure it out. The weird thing is yesterday I started getting ovulation pains, and I was only CD 8! I usually get EWCM and then have ovulation pains around CD 11-12. So I'm not sure what's going on, but it freaked me out so I BD'd last night. Weird thought, but I've been eating alot of soy because I gave up red meat for lent and my husband gave up meat altogether, so its easier to just cook one vegetarian meal. Do you all think that might cause me to O earlier? I was googling it yesterday and it seems like its a possibility. Not sure what to think!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
buddy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search






SEO by vBSEO