Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 07:46 AM   21
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
Thanks for the support ladies. As sad as I am, my doctor warned me after the first beta result of 5.75 that the number was extremely low and was likely an abnormal pregnancy. So I was cautiously pregnant, trying not to get my hopes up too much.

But then there was that slight glimmer of hope that it might actually be viable.

I really hope it's not in my tube. That methotrexate shot is a chemotherapy drug and can cause birth defects. Apparently it depletes your folic acid which is really important for pregnancy. Everything I've read says to wait 3 months before trying to conceive again. That's the devastating part.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 08:32 AM   22
happycupcake
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 6,640
Yeah I have read the same on methotrexate. I really hope it isn't anywhere else, I hope that you can move on soon. I'm so very sorry



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 08:56 AM   23
LeeMcMee
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 672
just lurking. Sorry to hear FX for all good things.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 11:30 AM   24
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
Hey ladies ... thanks to anyone who still might be following along. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound today. The doctor said there was nothing in my uterus and my lining was a 2. So no need for a D&C. However there was a mass inside my right fallopian tube. It could be a blood clot left over from the bleed I had two weeks ago. The only way to tell if this mass is still an embryo is to see what my beta levels are doing. Last Monday they stalled out at 165. Today they came back at 90 which is a good sign it's potentially resolving itself.

I had a choice- either come back today and get the methotrexate shot to abort whatever might be lingering. Then I can't conceive for 3 months in order to avoid birth defects. Or come back sunday for bloodwork and ultrasound. They want to see if my numbers drop significantly again and to measure the mass. If it's shrinking or dissolved completely that's a good sign it's resolving on its own and not a risk of rupture.

I chose to wait until Sunday. I am so scared of needles and I really think it might be resolving on its own. Plus I don't want to inject myself with a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. All of that scares me.

Do you think I've made the right choice?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 11:32 AM   25
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
Hey ladies ... thanks to anyone who still might be following along. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound today. The doctor said there was nothing in my uterus and my lining was a 2. So no need for a D&C. However there was a mass inside my right fallopian tube. It could be a blood clot left over from the bleed I had two weeks ago. The only way to tell if this mass is still an embryo is to see what my beta levels are doing. Last Monday they stalled out at 165. Today they came back at 90 which is a good sign it's potentially resolving itself.

I had a choice- either come back today and get the methotrexate shot to abort whatever might be lingering. Then I can't conceive for 3 months in order to avoid birth defects. Or come back sunday for bloodwork and ultrasound. They want to see if my numbers drop significantly again and to measure the mass. If it's shrinking or dissolved completely that's a good sign it's resolving on its own and not a risk of rupture.

I chose to wait until Sunday. I am so scared of needles and I really think it might be resolving on its own. Plus I don't want to inject myself with a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. All of that scares me.

Do you think I've made the right choice?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 12:21 PM   26
Dill
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6,389
The right choice is the choice that feels best to you. And it sounds like that's the route you took (and the one I would also have chosen, personally, as I try to be as low-intervention as possible).



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 12:30 PM   27
wrapunzel
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Maine
Posts: 833
I'm with Dill, I would definitely have decided to wait it out too



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 13:02 PM   28
LeeMcMee
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 672
I would have done the same thing as you.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 13:30 PM   29
Hope16
Mum (Mom)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 913
thank you ladies...I think we don't give out bodies enough credit to do what it knows to do....I am hoping they drop to at least 50 by Sunday. I will keep you guys posted on how I make out.

hope you all are doing better than I am lol



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 13:35 PM   30
LeeMcMee
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 672
It is crazy what our bodies can do and how they know what to do. AF got me today, but I guess I should be happy to try my next cycle because it will be a GOOD accurate cycle. This cycle was our first cycle TTC and I screwed up my cycle by taking my first week of BCP before we decided to TTC. Threw my body off. AF is here today, but a week early.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
crazy , follow , story , wanna

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO