Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17th, 2017, 16:56 PM   321
amotherslove
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by karoolia View Post
Hi amotherslove! Sounds like you have an exciting fall coming up!

How far along are you in nursing school? I'm going back to school in the fall myself, but it is all online so probably a lot more flexible than your schedule! I know nursing school can be very demanding. Very worth it though. My husband is a doctor and he says the hospitals would fall apart if it weren't for the nurses.
I've just completed classes in my second of four years! i'm beginning second year clinical practice in june and i get to do cardio/heart transplant this time! it should be an exciting though slooooooooooooow summer waiting to get to make this baby! it can be quite demanding but i am thankfully/luckily very gifted academically so i've been making straight A's with a toddler at home. even if a baby DOES affect my grades, it wont even be enough to matter. and i plan to take baby to class with me while he/she is little.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 17th, 2017, 17:05 PM   322
karoolia
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 232
When I was in law school a classmate had a baby and she took him to class all the time. It was actually really great because law school is a very stressful place, but he was such a happy baby he always cheered everyone up

Sounds like you get great grades, congrats! I was thinking it must be tough to go to school with a toddler then a baby as well. You're a champ!

The other good thing is when you do start trying you will probably be too busy to obsess too much over every symptom or test every single day (I may be prone to that sometimes..) and drive yourself crazy.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 18th, 2017, 22:02 PM   323
aidensxmomma
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Posts: 5,234
Sorry that I've been so bad at keeping up ladies. We've had a whole lot happen and it is definitely getting to me.

This will basically just be a long rant, so feel free to skip if you'd like.
DH and I have been living in our apartment for two years. We've pretty quickly outgrown it and put in our notice that we were leaving. We had a lot of trouble finding something we liked within our price range, but after I picked my daughter up from Girl Scouts one day, I saw a For Rent sign at a duplex a couple blocks from her school. Long story short, we liked it, we applied and we were approved There were a lot of things we liked about it and it seemed ideal. I was finally less stressed and looking forward moving in. On May 4, we signed our lease. We started moving things over May 5. Unfortunately, DH and I discovered a gas leak and our gas was shut off, leaving us without heat and hot water. We had already made arrangements to move all of our furniture and other big stuff for Sunday (May 6) so we had to go through with it. We tried to contact our landlords, but couldn't get alond of them or even leave them a message We finally got in contact Monday morning, but they didn't have someone come fix the gas until Tuesday afternoon But we figured things would go more smoothly. Well, they didn't. I started suffering with allergies shortly after we started staying there. I thought they were maybe pollen allergies. However, within the next couple days, Everett got really sick, too. And my two cats also got really sick. With some digging, we determined it was mold. Our landlords refused to believe there was any mold, they said it was just mildew, and that everyone reacts to it so it's fine. We explained the health issues and they relented and agree to break our lease and return our deposit.

But I am absolutely devastated over this. DH and I are now making an emergency move to my grandma's - 100 miles away from the city we were living in. We drained our savings for this move and are going to have a really hard time recovering from this. My kids are going to have to switch schools and leave all their friends and everything. Not only that, but it's incredibly hard to stay with my grandparents. They're old and set in their ways. They do not handle disruptions in their routines well and having their granddaughter, her husband, and three kids move in is a huge disruption. The only plus side to any of this is that we are close to our families again (my grandparents, my mom, DH's dad, and my ex-in-laws (which will allow my big kids to have visits with their dad again).

I'm really struggling with this all right now. But I'm trying to be strong for my kids. I feel so lost and devastated though. And DH is still in our rental getting things packed while I'm 100 miles away.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 19th, 2017, 07:48 AM   324
karoolia
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 232
aidensxmomma - I'm so sorry. That all sounds like an absolute nightmare!How frustrating for you DH and your kids. I'm glad you have somewhere to go and will be around family, but that doesn't nullify the trauma of this whole experience. I really hope things work out for you and that life gets better quickly.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:33 AM   325
amotherslove
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by karoolia View Post
When I was in law school a classmate had a baby and she took him to class all the time. It was actually really great because law school is a very stressful place, but he was such a happy baby he always cheered everyone up

Sounds like you get great grades, congrats! I was thinking it must be tough to go to school with a toddler then a baby as well. You're a champ!

The other good thing is when you do start trying you will probably be too busy to obsess too much over every symptom or test every single day (I may be prone to that sometimes..) and drive yourself crazy.

haha dont worry, i will be right there with you, obsessing like mad. i have ADHD so my mind can be multiple places at once hahaha. waiting is hard, but that TWW is even harder. i remember from the last two times.

i hope that bringing my baby to school is just as happy making as you described. i just dont want to be away from my baby if i can help it. it'll make breastfeeding easier if baby is with me



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:34 AM   326
amotherslove
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensxmomma View Post
Sorry that I've been so bad at keeping up ladies. We've had a whole lot happen and it is definitely getting to me.

This will basically just be a long rant, so feel free to skip if you'd like.
DH and I have been living in our apartment for two years. We've pretty quickly outgrown it and put in our notice that we were leaving. We had a lot of trouble finding something we liked within our price range, but after I picked my daughter up from Girl Scouts one day, I saw a For Rent sign at a duplex a couple blocks from her school. Long story short, we liked it, we applied and we were approved There were a lot of things we liked about it and it seemed ideal. I was finally less stressed and looking forward moving in. On May 4, we signed our lease. We started moving things over May 5. Unfortunately, DH and I discovered a gas leak and our gas was shut off, leaving us without heat and hot water. We had already made arrangements to move all of our furniture and other big stuff for Sunday (May 6) so we had to go through with it. We tried to contact our landlords, but couldn't get alond of them or even leave them a message We finally got in contact Monday morning, but they didn't have someone come fix the gas until Tuesday afternoon But we figured things would go more smoothly. Well, they didn't. I started suffering with allergies shortly after we started staying there. I thought they were maybe pollen allergies. However, within the next couple days, Everett got really sick, too. And my two cats also got really sick. With some digging, we determined it was mold. Our landlords refused to believe there was any mold, they said it was just mildew, and that everyone reacts to it so it's fine. We explained the health issues and they relented and agree to break our lease and return our deposit.

But I am absolutely devastated over this. DH and I are now making an emergency move to my grandma's - 100 miles away from the city we were living in. We drained our savings for this move and are going to have a really hard time recovering from this. My kids are going to have to switch schools and leave all their friends and everything. Not only that, but it's incredibly hard to stay with my grandparents. They're old and set in their ways. They do not handle disruptions in their routines well and having their granddaughter, her husband, and three kids move in is a huge disruption. The only plus side to any of this is that we are close to our families again (my grandparents, my mom, DH's dad, and my ex-in-laws (which will allow my big kids to have visits with their dad again).

I'm really struggling with this all right now. But I'm trying to be strong for my kids. I feel so lost and devastated though. And DH is still in our rental getting things packed while I'm 100 miles away.

this sounds like so much to deal with. i'm so very sorry. i hope you guys can find some stability soon!!1



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 21st, 2017, 09:09 AM   327
karoolia
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 232
amotherslove, I just noticed you are Canadian (Or at least I think I just noticed, forgive me if I already got excited over this! haha). Me too! We're in the US at the moment for my husband's medical residency, but if all goes well we will be moving back home July 2018!

Annnnd just before hitting send I noticed you are from NS!! We're from Cape Breton Where are you doing your nursing degree? I have friends that graduated with there nursing from Dal, X, and CBU, all are great nurses today!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 21st, 2017, 09:24 AM   328
amotherslove
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by karoolia View Post
amotherslove, I just noticed you are Canadian (Or at least I think I just noticed, forgive me if I already got excited over this! haha). Me too! We're in the US at the moment for my husband's medical residency, but if all goes well we will be moving back home July 2018!

Annnnd just before hitting send I noticed you are from NS!! We're from Cape Breton Where are you doing your nursing degree? I have friends that graduated with there nursing from Dal, X, and CBU, all are great nurses today!

oh wow!!!! small freaking world!!! i'm at Dal. i live in halifax! very cool having someone close by!! where in the US are you guys staying right now?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 21st, 2017, 10:34 AM   329
karoolia
On a break (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 232
I went to dal for 8 years doing 3 degrees there! Great school!

We're in Iowa! Still not sure how we ended up matching here, but here we are. I miss NS though, especially the ocean.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old May 21st, 2017, 19:55 PM   330
amotherslove
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 1,377
i would miss that alot too. i lived in fredericton during my highschool and first degree. that was rough. NS is my home for sure.



 
Status: Offline
 

SEO by vBSEO