Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 13:36 PM   11
GettingBroody
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,103
Thanks hon
I think that the society we live in at the moment seems to encourage women to have kids at a much later age now than used be the norm. Easy to forget that biology hasn't quite caught up.... (if you know what I mean?)



Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 13:48 PM   12
littlemonster
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Honestly, I'm pretty offended, but that's all I'm going to say about this. I'm done.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 21:37 PM   13
mom22boys
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NW AR
Posts: 1,293
Hugs! I had 2 in my 20's and got pregnant the first month I tried. I am expecting to do the same at 34 but in the back of my mind I keep telling myself there is a chance it might not happen. Wishing you the best!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 21:44 PM   14
Shey
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Apopka,Florida
Posts: 5,491
Aww hun Im sorry to hear that. I hope you get to have a lil bundle of Joy soon. I am 2 yrs away from being 30 and am planning on ttc baby #2 in May next year when I am done with school.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 05:10 AM   15
Jolinar
Mum (Mom)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,576
I am sincerely sorry for all your losses and struggles.

That said it's not all doom and gloom for the over 35's I conceived my first at 39 on the first month of trying, there is still hope for the slightly older mums-to-be and there are a lot of positive stories on the over 35's forum that bear this out.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM   16
Sherileigh
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,789
No offense to the OP, but I really don't think that's fair. I'm 34, had my first at 32, got pregnant my first try, first month off the pill after being on it for most my adult life. My friend just got pregnant at 35, no problem. And another friend at 43, again fairly quickly. I'm very sorry for your situation, but a lot of people have no control over when they're ready...ie don't meet anyone until later. I think people should still try when they're ready. Maybe not wait any longer than they have too....but please ladies don't panic. I honestly don't know many people in my circle that had babies in their 20"s and they all had no problems.
Good luck.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 15:08 PM   17
BButterflies
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South West
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherileigh View Post
No offense to the OP, but I really don't think that's fair. I'm 34, had my first at 32, got pregnant my first try, first month off the pill after being on it for most my adult life. My friend just got pregnant at 35, no problem. And another friend at 43, again fairly quickly. I'm very sorry for your situation, but a lot of people have no control over when they're ready...ie don't meet anyone until later. I think people should still try when they're ready. Maybe not wait any longer than they have too....but please ladies don't panic. I honestly don't know many people in my circle that had babies in their 20"s and they all had no problems.
Good luck.
I don't think the OP is being unfair, she also didn't meet the right person until she was older. You say people should still try when they are ready and that is the last thing she says

Take my advice, if it seems like the right time in your life, if you have found love and your inner voice is saying you both feel ready to have a baby don't listen to society or anybody else who tells you your career or finances or anything else is more important. Tell them first walk a mile in my shoes and still say that.

She is just trying to say dont wait uneccessarily when you are ready or because society encourages it these days (which i think it does, wrongly).



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 16:13 PM   18
Sherileigh
Other
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButterflies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherileigh View Post
No offense to the OP, but I really don't think that's fair. I'm 34, had my first at 32, got pregnant my first try, first month off the pill after being on it for most my adult life. My friend just got pregnant at 35, no problem. And another friend at 43, again fairly quickly. I'm very sorry for your situation, but a lot of people have no control over when they're ready...ie don't meet anyone until later. I think people should still try when they're ready. Maybe not wait any longer than they have too....but please ladies don't panic. I honestly don't know many people in my circle that had babies in their 20"s and they all had no problems.
Good luck.
I don't think the OP is being unfair, she also didn't meet the right person until she was older. You say people should still try when they are ready and that is the last thing she says

Take my advice, if it seems like the right time in your life, if you have found love and your inner voice is saying you both feel ready to have a baby don't listen to society or anybody else who tells you your career or finances or anything else is more important. Tell them first walk a mile in my shoes and still say that.

She is just trying to say dont wait uneccessarily when you are ready or because society encourages it these days (which i think it does, wrongly).
My point is that this is a bit scary for some to read this. That's all. I don't think women should be afraid as they're over 30. Period. I think if people are ready they will. But what about someone reading this that isn't ready and is over 30, they may feel absolutely terrified that they'll have problems when that isn't true. Some people have trouble in their 20's, some in their 30's, some in their 40's. No need to cause extra worry is all I'm saying.
I don't think society says anything, I just think people are doing more, years ago, people just got married and had babies, now they're going to school, having careers, travelling etc.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 00:21 AM   19
littlemonster
Pregnant (Expecting)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherileigh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButterflies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherileigh View Post
No offense to the OP, but I really don't think that's fair. I'm 34, had my first at 32, got pregnant my first try, first month off the pill after being on it for most my adult life. My friend just got pregnant at 35, no problem. And another friend at 43, again fairly quickly. I'm very sorry for your situation, but a lot of people have no control over when they're ready...ie don't meet anyone until later. I think people should still try when they're ready. Maybe not wait any longer than they have too....but please ladies don't panic. I honestly don't know many people in my circle that had babies in their 20"s and they all had no problems.
Good luck.
I don't think the OP is being unfair, she also didn't meet the right person until she was older. You say people should still try when they are ready and that is the last thing she says

Take my advice, if it seems like the right time in your life, if you have found love and your inner voice is saying you both feel ready to have a baby don't listen to society or anybody else who tells you your career or finances or anything else is more important. Tell them first walk a mile in my shoes and still say that.

She is just trying to say dont wait uneccessarily when you are ready or because society encourages it these days (which i think it does, wrongly).
My point is that this is a bit scary for some to read this. That's all. I don't think women should be afraid as they're over 30. Period. I think if people are ready they will. But what about someone reading this that isn't ready and is over 30, they may feel absolutely terrified that they'll have problems when that isn't true. Some people have trouble in their 20's, some in their 30's, some in their 40's. No need to cause extra worry is all I'm saying.
I don't think society says anything, I just think people are doing more, years ago, people just got married and had babies, now they're going to school, having careers, travelling etc.
I totally agree! I feel a lot of the information she provided wasn't true. I'm 25 and I have a mess of fertility issues and can't even have more than one child and can't have a child past age 30. Just because someone is young doesn't mean they're going to have it any easier than a women who is in her 40's even, which is why I'm offended.
Everyone is different and you can't just make an assumption like that and also share it with people who are already WTTing and also there are ladies on here WTTing because they are looking to find the right person to TTC with, want to be financially stable, or have other reasons reguardless of how old they are. There is no expiration date on your fertility unless your doctor(s) tells you so due to health issues.
I know my fertility situation, but it also scared me to read this because it's just like my mom who is begging for a grandkid "Better hurry up before you dry up". My mom is in health care and would never say that specifically, but she does hint it.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 00:43 AM   20
Olyve
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemonster View Post
Just because someone is young doesn't mean they're going to have it any easier than a women who is in her 40's even, which is why I'm offended.
Everyone is different and you can't just make an assumption like that and also share it with people who are already WTTing and also there are ladies on here WTTing because they are looking to find the right person to TTC with, want to be financially stable, or have other reasons reguardless of how old they are. There is no expiration date on your fertility unless your doctor(s) tells you so due to health issues.
The bolded section - I feel the SAME way. The rest I agree with!

I struggled with my ex-dh for 2.5 years, 6 miscarriages and I am 25 years old. Took me all together 8 years to get a diagnosis and to find a doctor to listen to me that something wasn't right. Now, I have a game plan for my next TTC "adventure" just waiting for my "right time".

Not everyone under the age of 35 are fertile- myrtles, nor are those over the age of 35 "doomed" in the fertility area. Assumption and generalizations tend to step on toes and hurt peoples feelings!!



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
30 , approaching , longer , wait

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO