Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 15:44 PM   1
xXxlisa212xXx
Mum (Mom)
New BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: southampton
Posts: 8

vbac


i had an emergancy c section with my son i was induced at 41+6 the reason for my emergancy c section was fauilre to progress (i got to 3 cms in 20 hours) and fetal distress, i was never givin a time guide to wait to concieve again, i really want a vbac next time round and was just wondering if anyone could tell me their story on how long they waited until they had a suseful vbac thanks x



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 15:50 PM   2
i want it all
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 673
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I was induced at 39 +6 due to PE, and after 38hrs was 6 cms! A few other things were against us but I ended up with emcs. I keep thinking I would love a VBAC, but at the same time a planned cs would mean I could organise everythign to fit round a particular day! I keep thinking about poo'ing, tearing, getting so far and ending up with an emcs again, so I to and fro between my decision! I also worry that the baby will be too big and my scar will split, amongst other things! Lol! I was told to wait 12 months, but I know someone who had a baby in Dec 09 and is due in April, so only waited 7 months before falling again. I think she was told to wait 6 months. How long ago was you section?



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 15:55 PM   3
xXxlisa212xXx
Mum (Mom)
New BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: southampton
Posts: 8
my son was born 10 months ago, i know exactly how you feel i would love a natural birth my son was 8lb 10oz so i know your fear about having a big baby as they say they get bigger.



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 16:06 PM   4
Heidi
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South-UK
Posts: 7,652
Welcome

My story is simular to yours except my LO wasn't distressed, just a very loooong labour and only getting to 5cm, i would also like to try for a VBAC and we are planning on TTC when our DD is 1 (in May) but plan on taking a more relaxed approach to TTC this time round.

I see your in Southampton i'm near Fareham so not far



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 16:08 PM   5
xXxlisa212xXx
Mum (Mom)
New BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: southampton
Posts: 8
my son is 1 in may also and thats when we where thinking of ttc too good luck and i hope all goes well with you yes im not far away lol



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 16:10 PM   6
Heidi
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South-UK
Posts: 7,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxlisa212xXx View Post
my son is 1 in may also and thats when we where thinking of ttc too good luck and i hope all goes well with you yes im not far away lol
Thanks Which hospital did you have you son at?



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 16:12 PM   7
xXxlisa212xXx
Mum (Mom)
New BnB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: southampton
Posts: 8
i had him in the princess anne hospital where did you have your baby to?



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 16:15 PM   8
MummytoSummer
 
Posts: n/a
Hiya,

I have a similar story. Although my contractions started naturally and my waters broke at 40+1 I ended up being induced as my contractions weren't strong enough. After over 70 hours and a failed epidural I had to have an emergency c section because I'd only got to 7cm and my waters had been gone for too long which meant Summer was at high risk of infection.

I was told to wait 6 months before ttc again and were waiting until she's 10 months old. I also go back and forth between a planned section or vbac. I think it's likely my body will do the same again and if I'm going to have a section I'd rather it was planned and not rushed and scary. My dr and mw have also advised I should go for a section next time. But then I hear about women who have gone through worse experiences and still managed a vbac so I wonder if I should try it. I'm prob 80% certain I'll go with a planned section though.

X



 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 16:15 PM   9
MummytoSummer
 
Posts: n/a
Hiya,

I have a similar story. Although my contractions started naturally and my waters broke at 40+1 I ended up being induced as my contractions weren't strong enough. After over 70 hours and a failed epidural I had to have an emergency c section because I'd only got to 7cm and my waters had been gone for too long which meant Summer was at high risk of infection.

I was told to wait 6 months before ttc again and were waiting until she's 10 months old. I also go back and forth between a planned section or vbac. I think it's likely my body will do the same again and if I'm going to have a section I'd rather it was planned and not rushed and scary. My dr and mw have also advised I should go for a section next time. But then I hear about women who have gone through worse experiences and still managed a vbac so I wonder if I should try it. I'm prob 80% certain I'll go with a planned section though.

X



 
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 16:16 PM   10
Heidi
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South-UK
Posts: 7,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxlisa212xXx View Post
i had him in the princess anne hospital where did you have your baby to?
we went to Winchester. Will be interesting to see how each hospital deals with VBAC'ers.

There is a few ladies on here who have had a successful VBAC with a small distance between babies, i posted about it here http://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club...ac-mummys.html.



 
Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
vbac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO