Forum Rules


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM   11
odd_socks
Waiting To Try (WTT)
BnB Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,611
no does not understand it one ounce, probably never will



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 12:47 PM   12
buttons1
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,259
I am lucky in that he totally understands in fact he is worse than me. It is me that tries to think sensibly and realistically and that is why we are wtt



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 13:03 PM   13
jenniferttc1
Mum (Mom)
BnB Elite
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: US
Posts: 11,828
Hope ya'll don't mind me crashing.
I remember 2 years ago, I so badly wanted a baby, I cried and threw fits, cause i just couldn't help my urge to be a mother, sometimes to shut me up we would try one night, but then i just wouldn't feel right about it, like we werent on this together, so I'd change my mind. Its tough not having your husband on board. But let me tell ya, the day he turned to me after going to the monster truck show, and him watching a little boy and his daddy have a boys night out, it really got to him, and he said he was ready to start trying. It was one of the most special nights of my life!



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 13:33 PM   14
MissKM
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma8 View Post
Like how do you explain "Yes, I'm b!tchy and broody. Why? Because you won't knock me up!" I mean, think about it...
i love this!! its so true

my OH just doesnt understand my impatience...he thinks i should just be happy that we will ttc one day xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 21:06 PM   15
Jess137
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma8 View Post
Like how do you explain "Yes, I'm b!tchy and broody. Why? Because you won't knock me up!" I mean, think about it...


Definitely true! My OH does not get it. AT ALL! He actually seems pretty indifferent about having a LO. I got him to agree to TTC this summer. Every time I try to talk to him about it again, it's "it isn't summer yet." We're married, have a house, cars, jobs... I don't see the problem in TTC now. But I think it's just a man thing.



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 02:19 AM   16
Pit Bull Mom
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 23
Have your OH agree to a compromise. Ask him to hold off watching, talking about, or listening to his favorite sport until he's ready to try and has actually knocked you up... Two missed seasons at BEST and you've got this
See, men don't think as much into things as we do, their job (biologically, it's not their fault) is to drop their seed, reset, and drop their seed again, over and over and over. OUR job is to create, nurture, feed, change, and raise. OF COURSE we're like a different species & we can hardly communicate! lol
Try that, and if nothing, ask one of your male friends or your father, uncle, grandfather to help you understand what he's saying better. You might be able to get another man he trusts to wiggle the goodness of babies into his head



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 02:43 AM   17
buttons1
Mum (Mom)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull Mom View Post
Have your OH agree to a compromise. Ask him to hold off watching, talking about, or listening to his favorite sport until he's ready to try and has actually knocked you up... Two missed seasons at BEST and you've got this
See, men don't think as much into things as we do, their job (biologically, it's not their fault) is to drop their seed, reset, and drop their seed again, over and over and over. OUR job is to create, nurture, feed, change, and raise. OF COURSE we're like a different species & we can hardly communicate! lol
Try that, and if nothing, ask one of your male friends or your father, uncle, grandfather to help you understand what he's saying better. You might be able to get another man he trusts to wiggle the goodness of babies into his head
Sorry but I really disagree with your post. I don't think having a baby should be about playing games so I don't think asking them to miss out on something they enjoy is the right way to go about persuading him. Yes I see your point in that biologically all you need from them is the initial seed however it certainly doesn't end there we are in the 21st century here dads like to be more involved and are just as important in nurturing and caring for a child so I think hard as it is both parties need to be 100% ready for it and committed to looking after a child for the next 18 years. Yes men probably don't think things through as much as women but neither are they just involved in the conception, they have feelings and opinions which should be respected and listened to and really shouldn't feel presured into something as big as this.

Hope this doesn't offend it's just my opinion



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM   18
MackMomma8
Pregnant (Expecting)
BnB Addict
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma8 View Post
Like how do you explain "Yes, I'm b!tchy and broody. Why? Because you won't knock me up!" I mean, think about it...
i love this!! its so true

my OH just doesnt understand my impatience...he thinks i should just be happy that we will ttc one day xx
If you're anything like me, you are happy to know that you are going to TTC one day... but we'd really like to know when 'one day' is!!!

My OH is just the type of person where he can't think more than a month into the future. We are going to Las Vegas for a friend's wedding in a few weeks, and I was talking to him about it last night and he was completely floored that it was 3 weeks away! Um, honey, it's on the big wall calendar in the kitchen... That's super frustrating when you are thinking about wanting to TTC, because it's not something you can just say "Let's get pregnant this month!" and it happens.



Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM   19
MissKM
Waiting To Try (WTT)
Active BnB Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMomma8 View Post
Like how do you explain "Yes, I'm b!tchy and broody. Why? Because you won't knock me up!" I mean, think about it...
i love this!! its so true

my OH just doesnt understand my impatience...he thinks i should just be happy that we will ttc one day xx
If you're anything like me, you are happy to know that you are going to TTC one day... but we'd really like to know when 'one day' is!!!

My OH is just the type of person where he can't think more than a month into the future. We are going to Las Vegas for a friend's wedding in a few weeks, and I was talking to him about it last night and he was completely floored that it was 3 weeks away! Um, honey, it's on the big wall calendar in the kitchen... That's super frustrating when you are thinking about wanting to TTC, because it's not something you can just say "Let's get pregnant this month!" and it happens.
yep my OH cannot plan much further than the end of the week....we do have a few things that we want to do before we have a baby, which i accept fully cause after we have done them we will be in a much better position to bring a baby into the world...i just get impatient and frustrated that we are not there yet, it just seems like we have a few hills to climb first xx



 
Status: Offline
 
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 12:26 PM   20
Lotusbaby
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Active BnB Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 43
My OH doesn't reay understand either. I was really content
Finishing school and renovating the house but after he brought it up I was so floored I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and it has scared him I think.
I'm almost finished my first year- and I have the money to renovate- we jut have to do it now..I think that makes him nervous to.
He never gets upset or anything- he just changes the subject and never wants to talk about babies. Which makes me sad- I don't feel like I'm on the same page.
I do want to wait for him to be ready however. I feel guilty even having sex sometimes because what if it did end up in pregnancy. I don't want him to believe I did it on purpose because I AM on the pill.
Ah it's all just crazy emotions. But I can't wait for the day he says let's do it!



Status: Offline
 
Reply



Bookmarks

Tags
understand

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



SEO by vBSEO