We are currently in college, we want to graduate, secure a career and buy our first home before we start ttc. Though I'm hopeful that we can start ttc while in the process of looking for a home. DH graduates December 2013, so that what I'm shooting for as our ttc date. I am, however, going to start fertility testing a few months beforehand as my cycles haven't been normal. Since both our children were "surprises", we want the next one to be completely planned! Lol
Fortunately I graduate April 2013, so I'll be able to start saving and secure a career while DH is finishing school. It's hard sometimes because our son is turning 3 next month and I'm ready to start ttc. Just wish we were in the right place in our lives to do so.
We're just flat out not ready. We're not ready emotionally, we're not ready health wise, we're not ready financially, and I would say that we're not quite ready relationship stability wise. We need to get to a point where we're actually comfortable having a discussion about the issue before we can even start to think about when we're going to try and TTC.
1. We are waiting until next year when gracie will be starting nursery. We had her when her brother Connor was at school, and it worked out great for us. We got to spend all day with gracie whilst connor was at school, then when he finished we got to spend good quality time with him.
2. We are living in a 2 bedroom house at the moment, so we need to make sure we have a bigger house before we can have another one!
1. Because I need some help, before seriously planning to have children.
That's like the umbrella reason for all my other reasons Hoping to find some answers here, maybe some contacts, maybe some help, maybe some exchange...so here's the 'real' list:
- I have anxiety problems since about 3 months now and don't want to put a child through having a Mom like me.
- I am diagnosed with Asperger's Autism and even though I manage okay, I don't know if I am fit to raise a child.
- I moved to America to live with my husband, but my entire family and friends are in Germany and will stay there (I am German) so I don't know if I can deal with being pregnant, having a baby and raising a child...all without my family and friends. Especially my parents and siblings.
- We are just starting out together and have a lot of financial troubles, so that has to be much more stable before we want to add a child to our little family.
- I am very scared of being pregnant and giving birth as I am a very sensitive and worried person in general so I don't know, if I can do it...
- I don't have any friends here or really even know anybody besides my husband and feel like I need much more support.
- Healthcare in America is SO expensive! We can't afford insurance and we can't afford paying for healthcare ourselves either so that bothers me a lot, when thinking about having a baby and also thinking about taking care of him/her when he/she gets sick.
- I am in general very very doubtful when it comes to the question if I could ever be a good Mom
Well as you can see a lot of stuff going on in my head and I really want children...but I feel like it will never happen I am seriously looking for people to talk to here, maybe people with similar issues to exchange some experiences etc. I have not given up hope just yet.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com by users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are solely those of the respective user or other third party. They do not reflect the opinions of BabyandBump.Momtastic.com and they have not been reviewed by a physician, psychologist or parenting expert or any member of the BabyandBump.Momtastic.com staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on BabyandBump.Momtastic.com. BabyandBump.Momtastic.com does not endorse any opinion, advice, statement, product, service or treatment made available on the website. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.