“That’s not a real elf”

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Omg!!! We don’t do elf of the shelf anyway but good old YouTube has got Rio talking about elves. He was telling me about these two girls who had a teddy that watched to see if they were good or not and told Santa etc, then he comes out with “but that’s not a real elf is it mom it’s only a teddy and you said teddies aren’t real” (he was scared of his teddies in his room before!!)
I said perhaps it’s a magic teddy darling, and he replies with “well Santa doesn’t need elves to tell him because he can see everything, can’t he?”
Phew. Yes love, yes he can. Now please stop questioning the magic of the elves at age 4!!!! I was about to have heart failure trying to figure out my answers to what he might ask next lol.

Oh Rio :haha:

Bless him, lol!

You tube has a lot to answer for lol
My 9year old still believes in Santa and the elf (which we do) but my 7year old is beginning to question it but I think that is down to a little boy in his class who knows Santa isn’t real.

Haha aw so sweet! My ds isn't at that level yet but one of my nephews is asking similar things (for a start I recently suggested something he might want from santa and he said "no you can just get that off Amazon"!! 😱Haha) and all us adults are getting so tangled in our webs of lies that we have to check with each other what we've told him :rofl:

You tube has a lot to answer for lol
My 9year old still believes in Santa and the elf (which we do) but my 7year old is beginning to question it but I think that is down to a little boy in his class who knows Santa isn’t real.

This really irritates me, I was about 9 probably when a girl in my class told me santa wasn't real and I was so upset - I actually didn't believe it haha so it didn't really matter too much, but I just think if parents want to tell their kids santa isn't real they should do the decent thing and tell them that other children believe he is and that it's not kind to go spreading around that he's not. Because I think the kids who know "the truth" can be a bit smug about it sometimes.

Mine haven't even mentioned the naughty elf yet! I'm wondering if we should bother with it or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->