°° General Christmas chat thread °°

Ooh yay!
I love Halloween so usually I’m like Halloween first and then think about Xmas but this year I’m just in such a Christmas mood for some reason haha!

I'm in a Christmas mood too.

Looking forward to Halloween. We will be on holiday this year but I think there will be a Halloween disco there.

I'm in a Christmas mood too.

Looking forward to Halloween. We will be on holiday this year but I think there will be a Halloween disco there.

Ah Halloween disco sounds fab!
We were on holiday over Halloween and bonfire night last year it felt very odd not dressing up and decorating the house and trick or treating.

We will be trick or treating, and then the following day I'll be going shopping with my niece and hopefully find some things for Christmas

That sounds lovely :)
I will miss trick or treating this year! Looking forward to bonfire night though

We tend to just watch out the window for bonfire night :haha:

I did that last few years with DS as he's scared but hopefully this year he will be OK

Must admit I haven't really been feeling Christmas this year, it's been a bit of a rubbish year for me personally.
Usually it's always about present buying and this year I'm stumped for ideas for everyone especially the girls so I've not really got excited

I've decided that this year will be more about the fun experiences and doing things together rather than the presents. We have a Christmas Fayre at school, train ride with santa and panto already booked. I'm also going to the Ideal Home Christmas show for a girly days out without children :-D

DH has also said we could get a new tree so I'm torn with buying an artificial one again or this year having a real tree. Getting a new sofa and dining table before Xmas so looking forward to decorating the house

I got a few Halloween bits today from Tiger as we do decorate our living room., and I saw a few stocking filler ideas for girls :xmas12:

Fireworks the school are doing a display so that should be good fun (although I've agreed to help run the event so will be busy)

Ds3 doesn't like loud noises, crowds, the cold, amongst other things. I dread it to be honest, it lasts weeks and while he's ok watch the ones far away he gets really distressed when people are letting them off close to the house late at night.

MIL bought us a little bird cage thing with a bird skeleton in from Home Bargains which is cool and we've got a box of decorations in the loft. Whenever we take them down I always feel like I want to put the decorations straight up :haha: The first is on a Sunday this year so I think we will put the tree up on the first. We've now got a desk where the tree was last year though so I think the big tree will go in the hall way, but I hate the little one so might need a new little one to stand on the desk as we must have a tree in the living room.

That sounds lovely. :)
I went all out last year and got our huge tree out from the attic. I regretted it as it was way too big and took a lot of the room up having a smaller tree this year!

Our current tree is 7ft and although tall not too huge. I do think a real tree may take up more room. Will have to wait for our next furniture.

Motherofboys can totally understand you not liking fireworks if it causes distress. They can go on for days sometimes. I prefer organised displays tbh.

I’ve got different sofas this year and it’s taking up the space I used to put my tree so I’m not sure where I’m going to put it this year I might have to move the 4 square kallax unit and then I can put the tree in that corner. Plus point there is a plug in that corner, I just liked it near the tv so you can see it but hey ho.

My girls are so excited for Halloween . We are going to start decorating tomorrow if we get around to it ! We are also having a little Halloween get together with family and will do trick or treating , duck apple etc .

We’re having the tree dilemma too! We’ve got new sofas so our old tree definitely has to move, we talked about a real tree but I have no idea where to put one, we don’t have any space at all

I've never had a real tree, will definitely have to try it one year :)

Our tree is tall but narrow, I'm just not sure there's anywhere the desk will move to. We tend to have a few trees anyway :haha:

@motherofboys have you tried ear defenders? Ive heard they work well with children with noise issues. DS had a girl in his class who didnt like the classroom noise and had to wear them if it started to get too much.

I'm not feeling super Christmassy yet but assume that's because we're adjusting to life as a family of 5 and soaking up all the newborn snuggles! I have started buying, but feel like I'm really behind this year... although I dont want to buy too much and 1. Spend a fortune and 2. End up with a heap of toys with no place to go!!
There's usually a local panto on, but I cant find any details for it this year. By this time last year I already had tickets.. so I'm wondering if it's not on this year.
Havent booked for santa yet either. Argh!! Will probably end up going into town and seeing one there as the places we would usually go are all booked up.

We usually go to a bonfire/fireworks display near my parents house but with a new baby (who will be 4 weeks old) it's not practical this year. Plus I'm definitely not ready to leave him with someone else to take DD and DS.. there are plenty more years to enjoy displays :) we will probably do hot dogs and watch out of the window. Theres usually a few local displays around that we can see from our living room.

We're going to my friends across the road for Halloween and she's doing a little party for her 2 girls and my kids. It sounds like she's got all the bases covered.. the kids cant wait! Lots of games and sweets :haha:

I would looooove to get a new Christmas tree. I prefer artificial, and would love one of those snow covered ones with berries and pinecones on!! :xmas9: maybe one day....! There's nothing wrong with ours so it seems pointless at the moment!

Aww, enjoy the newborn snuggles, it goes so fast <3

I love the snow covered trees too, very festive!

No we haven't tried them. Now he isn't in school it's rare that he'd need them and when he was he wasn't allowed to use any of his aids.

A snow covered tree with berries and pine cones sounds amazing.
Soak up the new born snuggles, like you say there's plenty more years for fireworks, but baby snuggles are over so fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->