+1 glucose in urine?

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
Has anyone had this?
My mw said today that I did (for the first time) and they need to check on it as it can lead to gestational diabetes :cry:
I had always prided myself on my good health and feel rotten now there might be something ... if I just cut out sugar and eat lots of veg, is it likely to stabilise...? If anyone's got any experience of this i'd love to hear it...

If you have GD then changing your diet will help keep it under control but there's no stopping it if you're going to get it. A lot of women get it and go on to have perfectly healthy babies. GD doesn't mean you'll automatically have to shoot up insulin or anything. Depending on the severity, it can be controlled with diet alone. Or they can put you on a pill to keep it under control. It's really not as big a deal as it seems.

Have they not given you a GD screening test yet? That's usually done no later than 28 weeks over here.

They will send u for GD testing here if you have glucose in your urine more than 3 times. I have it in there every week, 2 pluses or more and i havent got GD, just one of those things.

It just depends on what you ate before they did the urine test. I had +1 when I was 19 weeks but the appointment was in the morning not long after I had my breakfast and when I had a GD test at that point it was negative.

I went on to develop it at 28 weeks, there really isnt anything you can do to stop getting it, but a healthy diet helps to control it if you do have it.

They will send u for GD testing here if you have glucose in your urine more than 3 times. I have it in there every week, 2 pluses or more and i havent got GD, just one of those things.
Weird. They automatically do GTT over here at 28 weeks, no matter what. Just part of the routine screening we go through. You don't have to be showing glucose in your urine or have a history or anything, it's just mandatory, routine testing.

i had +3 a couple of weeks ago, she tested again three days later and it was back to normal and has been since (touch wood) midwife said that it could have been something in the bottle/ a fluke basically. so don;t worry about it until your next check. :hugs:

i had +1 this week and the obstetrician put it down to the large cola i had before the appointment (oops!), but they'll check again in 2 weeks (minus the cola) to be sure.
it might not be anything to worry about, especially if you're a fan of cream cakes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->