1 week post possible ovulation symptoms....are they normal? New to this forum.

liz31

Reaction score
I am new to this site so I'm sorry if you've received similar questions before. I have PCOS and have been TTC for a year. I was not getting regular periods so in June my Dr put me on Progestin for the first 10 days of each month so that I would have a cycle each month. I also just lost 25 lbs so I'm hoping that will help with my fertility. My doctor will not prescribe me Clomid though until I loose another 40 lbs.

Getting to my question. I have some symptoms that started about 5 days after I think I might have ovulated. They have been going on for 48 hours now and will not stop. It started out with sharp pains (a few seconds long each) in the lower uterus area. Then it turned to cramping. Now it is cramping with a tight feeling. I usually don't get cramps for this long or around this time of the month. I also have had to pee more because I feel more of a press on my bladder area (hope it's not a bladder infection :nope:). Anyways, if anyone thinks they know what is going on, or has thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this stuff beside my husband but he obviously has not ideas about this stuff.

Big thumbs up for losing 25 pounds!

Fellow PCOS'er here :( However, I am a typical. No overweight or extra hair growth, acne or other symptomens. The only sign I have is no periods unless I take Provera, which I think is the same as your progestin. I take it for 10 days and then get my period within a week.

I've been TTC for over a year now and currently in my first round of 150mg climid. 50mg didn't do anything, 100mg worked once but unfortunately no pregnancy and now im up too 150mg.

Back to your question. I had these signs when I just took provera without clomid. Several times I have taken a pregnancy test because I felt things that I never felt before and I was hoping I ovulated and maybe got pregnant but for me no luck. So in your case I really hope that you ovulated and maybe these are early pregnancy signs :) but in my experience it can be your body adjusting/working with the hormones you took. You won't know until you do a test though.

Good luck!

Could be adjusting to hormones, or could be early pregnancy! When is the last time you went to the toilet? Sharp pains could be constipation if it's been a couple of days. Hoping its a BFP for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->