1 year old cries at other babies crying?

dimple123

Reaction score
my son has just turned 1, and ever since he was a few months old he's cried when other babies cry or scream. He doesn't usually cry at loud noises like sirens or anything like that. But when my partners little brother comes round, as soon as he cries or screams my LO burst into tears, I mean he gets quite hysterical. Today I was in the doctors and there was a girl around the same as my son and she was making a funny noise (she wasn't being loud or crying) and he burst into tears again. I also have a toy that makes a moo noise and he cries at that as well. Has anyone else experienced this with their LO? I'm so worried!

My little boy starts crying every time my daughter cries. Within seconds his lip comes out and then the tears follow! He also starts crying when someone sneezes. Think he doesn't like the sound. He's such a precious little boy! :)

I think its just a natural responce built in to some babies, my LO used to cry at sneezing too and still does get upset when other babies cry for more than a minute or so. My friend told me they are just empathising with the other baby, I wouldn't worry too much :)

I think its just a natural responce built in to some babies, my LO used to cry at sneezing too and still does get upset when other babies cry for more than a minute or so. My friend told me they are just empathising with the other baby, I wouldn't worry too much :)

My little boy starts crying every time my daughter cries. Within seconds his lip comes out and then the tears follow! He also starts crying when someone sneezes. Think he doesn't like the sound. He's such a precious little boy! :)

thanks, feel a bit better now!

My little girl does it too, I've heard a few people here calling it ''sympathy crying''. It's pretty common and I don't think it's anything to worry about :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->