Afairchild5

Reaction score
Hello, I've posted on here a few times but really seriously want to have a buddy to talk to while WTT. My husband and I would be trying for our first and I'm really hoping for it to be around October :)...could be closer to December tho. It is easier for me to go through it when I have someone to talk to!

If anyone is looking for the same type of thing let me know!! :D

Hi - i'm also wtt for #1 and it would be nice to have a buddy if you're interested. We're waiting until January though (unless i can convince hubby before that!)

I'm 24 and from UK, we're trying to buy our own house before ttc so that's the main bit of our wait. What are you doing with your wait? xxx

hi, can i join? too wtt until December and would love to talk and share thoughts to get through the wait.

I would love to join you ladies as well! I am 27. DH and I will be NTTP for #1 in Dec and the TTC Jan 2016. DH is switching jobs and we also want a house so those would be the big reasons for waiting. I would love to have friends to talk to who are going through the same thing. DH is a bit tired of hearing all of these thoughts of mine lol.

Yay!!! anyone can join! I would love to have some friends to chat with about this! I'm 24 and our main waiting issue is getting a house as well!!! Dang getting a house! Lol! It's a little bit of a struggle bc I just want it now but we can't afford one for another few months! It sucks! My husband is so tired of hearing me talk about this too lol! I hope these months fly by for us tho and we all get our houses asap!!!! It's so hard being patient :(

:hi: Afairchild5 :)

Happy to follow and chat along with you ladies.

We will be TTC for our first in August. We are waiting until I've completed my Master's coursework and settled into my new position at work. OH is also hoping to find a better job before then, but we'll TTC even if he doesn't.

Welcome Sakura! August is going to be here in no time!! So exciting! Congratulations on getting your masters, impressive!

I am a little worried because right now I'm working about an hour and ten minutes from home and it's starting to take a toll. I started it in January and I think once I've been here for a year im gonna find something closer. I feel like I would never ever see my kid (when I have one) if I stayed here! But this is a good job so I really worry I won't be able to find something as good close to home. I'm a big worrier! Lol

Thanks!

I sometimes feel like a big worrier too. I have been working on meditation as a way to control it.

Also, why worry when you can plan? :) Of course many things can't be planned for, but the more knowledge you have - both about the situation and your own needs - the better prepared you can feel.

What are your maternity benefits like at your current job? Would you have a waiting period before your could access full maternity benefits if you switched jobs before having the baby?

Have you started looking at houses yet? We only just ready to buy in January but we started looking around November time. We've had a nightmare with it though - found a perfect house, was in process of buying (offer accepted and dealing with solicitors) when the sellers decided they wanted to pull out :( Absolute nightmare... i'm starting to worry about it impacting our ttc date...

Planning best we can and ready in all other aspects but Mr Socks is fed up with talking about it now. I think about it too much...

My hubby and I are also waiting to TTC #1 as well!

We are aiming for February 2016 :happydance:

Wishing you luck! We are waiting till my husband has been in his new job for 12 months, I've finished my master's and we've taken one more overseas adventure (we'll be TTC on our next trip!).

It is great to have other people to talk to when WTT as my husband is probably sick of the baby talk :blush:

One thing that has helped me when waiting is booking in with my dr (at least in my own diary, as her office doesn't make appointments this far out) for my pre-TTC blood tests. My dr wants to do a full blood workup, complete health check and give me the immunisation boosters I need, approximately 6 months before I TTC. That way it gives us a few months to fix any issues (if any arise). Which is only in August for me!

My Masters finishes in early June, so I'm focused on that at the moment too, mostly so I can cross it off my list!

I'm not too sure at the moment now when we will be TTC, money issues need to be solved, but I'm hoping we can start trying by fall or the end of the year. I'm 27 and DH is 47. (I know) and we have been together for almost 5 years, got married in November. DH doesn't like talking about baby currently since its a financially stressful thought for him. However its all I think about, so I'm always dying to talk about it, ugh!

Sakura- I know you're totally right! I shouldn't worry bc I'm going to make it happen! lol, worrying just comes so naturally for me hahah. I'm not really sure what the maternity benefits are like at my current job. I'm pretty sure that you have to be there at least 3 months before you get all of them but I'm not sure. But omg SO many people where I work have either just had a baby or are about to! It is not good for my baby fever! I just need to figure out exactly how I would do everything. You bring up good points!

Emmy I am so sorry about your house situation! My brother in law and sister in law just moved into their new house but it was HELL selling and buying! Buying a house sounds like a huge migraine. I'm so sorry that didn't work out for yall but I'm sure it'll happen very soon!! And girl I totally feel you...my husband will be in these moods where he will talk about TTC and then he will just be so over it and not in the mood to discuss it at all lol!!

Xstitcher dang girl you are awesome! Sounds like you are getting all your ducks in a row and then the timing will be perfect! I love that you said that about going to the doctors too! I really wanna go and do that and discuss when I need to get my birth control out so it doesn't affect our TTC. I really do need to get healthier so going in for that might be eye opening!! Exciting stuff! :)

Art is life- I completely 100% understand. Money ruins everything lol. It is SUCH a stress for me and my husband. We work our butts off on a daily basis just to barely make it through and I hate it. My husband is in law enforcement so he gets paid crap plus has horrible hours so it's just such a strain. Here's to hoping things look up money wise for all of us!

Thanks Afairchild5!

I am trying desperately to get all the ducks in a row! It is slowly happening.

I have some surgery in probably April to remove some endometrial polyps and a thickened lining....so fingers crossed everything is normal after that and it won't affect our TTC plans or affect my ability to get pregnant!

Everything has just sort of come together in the last few months and as long as the next few months go to plan, we should be sweet!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you too...I also hope all of us are able to TTC when we plan to.

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/YXJK.png

Omg I know, the house thing is such a struggle. Part of our issue is DH is getting a W2 job... and that hasn't happened yet. He has been self employed for almost six years now and does make enough money, but not according to the banks since they average it. So we would have to end up making 150k self employed for the same house we could get if he made 80k with a W2. Plus he is wanting to work with a bigger team and is ready for a change anyway. He has been trying since Oct 2014 and nothing yet. We have our down payment, this is the only thing standing in our way. And the biggest thing standing in our way for TTC. Plus we were going to NTNP and now our best man's wedding is July 2016 so if we got lucky in Dec I would be 8 months pregnant by July and shouldn't go to the wedding so now DH does not want to try at all or even NTNP until January. And the wedding will be amazing and I do want to go, but I want nothing more than to have a baby so it was quite a hit to have him say that. It would be different if we could 100% know we could get pregnant in Jan, but we don't know that so it makes it really hard.

With all you ladies WWT, do you ever feel like you are never going to stop waiting? Like things are just not going to come together? And if you have felt the way that I do, how do you snap out of it???

Becca21 - I sometimes feel the exact same way!

Sometimes I just need to take a big deep breath and look at my ticker and realise that it is less than a year away (February 2016!). I have also agreed on a date with my hubby that we will start trying no matter what is going on (barring some great unforeseen catastrophe, like both of us being laid off or something equally unlikely). That gives me reassurance that I won't be waiting forever.

I am so impatient and want to start trying after my surgery in April, once I get clearance from the dr, just in case it takes a while to fall pregnant....but I can't, just in case it happens straight away!

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/YXJK.png

Good luck with your wait :flower: Hopefully all our BFPs happen quickly once we start trying!

Oh my gosh becca the house situation sounds like the biggest pain in the neck!!!!! I'm so sorry that is going on! It's so annoying how everything has to be perfect in order for it to work out....I really feel for ya! Me and you sound alike bc that's what I worry about too....that we say we are gonna start trying a certain time but you never know when you'll actually get pregnant and that it will take longer! I hate that!
Gosh that sucks about the wedding too...it's always something that gets in the way. I think when it's actually time for us to start trying I won't believe it bc it's taking SOOO long to get here!

Stitcher that's a great point though...to just set a date and stick to it no matter what....because there's always gonna be something to get in the way. My husband agreed to start in October so that makes me really excited :) but im still so impatient and want it now!! Lol. Talking about it in this group will def help tho I think!

I am Priscilla! I am 23! I'm waiting for number one! I was really upset that my husband wanted to push it back. He wants to pay off the last of our wedding debt, my laptop, by a freezer and a few other bits. Plus I'm buying an expensive new car so he wants something in the bank while I am off work. I am finally accepting as time is going so fast anyway! Plus I'm a bit scared of giving birth!

We are gonna look at it in June but if not it will be September. Totally up to him as I would say yes anytime!

it's lovely to hear about everyone waiting for #1 :D

I really like the idea of picking a date and sticking to it, i'm kind of hoping to do this with our date... but hubby wants it to be more flexible, so that if something changes we'll rethink it. worried this will be his get out clause when we get there...

I'm so impatient already... impatient for house, impatient for trying. I'm no good at this waiting thing. Trying to fill it with something useful though - staying active, eating well, planning, saving, pinteresting... what else can i do? any suggestions? what are you all doing? xxxx

I don't have those suggestions for you EmmySocks but I wanted to say that I totally understand your flexible date woes. My husband said we will look at it in June but if it could be better we will look again in Aug/Sep. I always tell him why bother saying June when it won't happen because I will get my hopes up and be crushed. He always says we don't know yet. But I know it will be pushed back! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->