10+4, baby's heartbeat is super quiet on doppler...

wlovew

Reaction score
So at 8+5 I was able to get my baby's heartbeat on my Sonoline B fetal doppler, but it wasn't loud or steady enough to register a number on the doppler. It was loud enough to get an awesome recording on my phone tho. I then wasn't able to to find it again for a week, and it wasn't quite as loud as the first time. Every time I've gotten it since, it's been quieter and quieter. It's still there and it's still a galloping heartbeat at least twice as fast as my own, but it's soooo quiet :( It's making me really nervous. Also baby is really low down by my pubic bone still. That's not abnormal, right? UGH, I wish I wasn't such a worrier but all this stuff is making me worry. Especially now that I woke up today with zero appetite. I usually wake in the middle of the night with hunger pains and having to pee a lot. Last night I only had to pee 1 time and it was around 4 in the morning. Just forced myself to eat a bowl of cereal so I could take my prenatal. What's going on.....??? :(

Baby is just moving about! I found mine first at 10+4 and it was very low down too, and still is to be honest. Your uterus is behind your pubic bone until after 12 weeks so it will be low down at the moment. Also sometimes just a very slight tweak with the probe can make a difference. Try going north/east/south/west when you find it, then move a few millimetres and same again.

The slightest movement and I'd lose it altogether. I've become pretty good at locating it within a few seconds of putting the probe on my belly!! It's like music to my ears!! I just wish I could turn up the volume :/

Don't stress over this!! My MW with #1 actually said she discourages patients from using the home dopplers before 13/14ish weeks because babies are often still so low in the pelvic bone and small that it's hard to really catch the heartbeat. She said she's gotten so many moms in stressing and crying over it.
Obviously that didn't stop me from using mine early on, I was just able to keep myself calm and rational when I couldn't find it or it wasn't sounding very strong.
I know it's so easy to stress out over the tiniest things!

It's so hard in the first trimester! Your uterus should still be tucked down below your pubic bone for another week-ish, so that makes it tricky to find.

I have had a similar experience though this time. We found it really easily at 8 weeks, and again at 9 weeks, but we haven't been able to catch it for but a split seconds in our attempts over the last week and a half. Knowing that it's still beating helps, even if it is quiet. It's possible that maybe the placenta is in front or something blocking some of the ability to hear too.

Definitely nothing to worry about! Your uterus is going to be quite low until at least 12 weeks.

Remember that baby is still very small! Positioning of the baby could make all the difference too.

For me, the heartbeat is still pretty faint. Some days it registers on the monitor, some days it doesn't (but I can still hear it). Some days it's louder than others. Some days I have to have a full bladder, some days I have to have an empty bladder.

As hard as it is, try not to worry. It all sounds very normal at this stage :)

THANK YOU, ladies!!! Just hearing it as faint as it is still reassures me!! I don't even try long, only takes me seconds to find it and then once I hear it beating I stop. I know better than to worry.... the heartbeat is there!!! Oh geez, now I'm crying haha!! I'm just so happy to be pregnant and so thankful!!! XOXOXOXOXO <3 <3 <3

Aww I know exactly how you feel! It's pretty amazing right? I'm 12 weeks now and I was thinking the same thing when I used my doppled last night. It was hard to get it loud enough to register a number reading but I still felt good about being able to hear it. For me, if I move it a little I get that wooshing noise that apparently is the placenta?? So I think maybe the placenta is partially blocking the babe. Could be the same for you! I always think as long as I hear the heartbeat, I'm good:) Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thank you, sweetpea! Congrats to you, too!! I can't wait to see my little baby again on ultrasound! And in just 4 weeks I'll find out the sex!!!!! So exciting!!!!!

It could be moving or also could be the positioning of the placenta which makes it quieter. Baby has a placenta now whereas at 8 weeks didn't xx

I'm 16 weeks and baby is still by my pubic bone it's completely normal. Uterus doesn't grow out of pelvis until twelve weeks but even then Babies can stay lying low x

Oh that's right, DUH!!!!! THANK YOU, mummytobe!!! I didn't even really think about that! Ahhh I am SO GLAD I posted about this, you've all put my mind at ease!! Now I can enjoy these nachos for lunch ;) LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->