10 day old LO waking up screaming n crying

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by emmalouise09, Jan 28, 2011.

1. emmalouise09

emmalouise09 Guest

My dd is now 10 days old and keeps waking up every half hour to an hour crying and screaming I have tried everything from bottle, dummy, rocking, cuddling, baby massage and every other trick in the book n nothing seems to be working she's not pulling her legs up to her belly so I don't think is colic or belly ache.

Any advice or ideas to settle her will be grateful

Xx

2. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Get her throat checked for reflux (regular reflux is projectile vomiting, silent reflux is no vomiting).

3. 2016

2016 Mummy and Preggo with #2!

7-10 days is one of the growth spurt times which could be why she keeps waking. Try some white noise (really calms my LO when he gets in a state). I downloaded an app of baby white noise on my iphone if you have one.
    If you are wondering about silent reflux, you can see if LO has other symptoms here:
    https://www.pollywogbaby.com/refluxandcolic/silent-reflux-infant.html

4. lori

lori Mom to Simon & Oliver

:hugs: It's a tough time, isn't it? :hugs: In our case, reflux was the culprit. Simon shrieked for hours every day (no exageration) from about 10 days until 4 weeks when he was started on Prevacid. Within about 2 days, he was a completely different baby. With Simon the problem was obvious (massive spit-ups before/during/after/between feeds followed by screaming) but sometimes the signs are much more subtle, as mentioned by the other posters. This may not be your LO's issue, but it's worth considering. The first few weeks were really hard on us and interfered with bonding.

Hang in there and trust your gut feelings. If you think something is wrong, don't rest until something is done about it. :hugs:

5. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

May I ask was he losing weight when you were prescribed prevacid? Because they refused it to us (many doctors) because he was gaining weight, this was in Vancouver. I'm glad you got the prevacid, it took me 4 months to bond because of the reflux and colic

6. daisii

daisii Well-Known Member

you could try leaving the radio on. worked for us. And dentinox worked for the trapped wind, but if your LO is not pulling up legs this might not be the problem.

7. WhiteGeisha

WhiteGeisha Well-Known Member

FF or BF? If FF, what formula? And how many poohs? My LO was constipated and windy at that age and did just that. I switched from sma to aptamil and TT boTtles to Dr Browns. I gave her some cooled boiled water between feeds to get her going again and never had a problem since x

8. minties

minties Complete

Sounds like it could be pain, what other signs is baby showing you? What does their body language say?

When they cry, are they opening their mouth and look like they are screaming but with no sound, then suddenly wail/scream loudly? Arms up near their head seemingly frozen in place? Eyes screwed shut and lots of tears? Stiff body?