10 day old sleeping almost 5 hours

Evian260

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Hi all,

My son slept almost 5 hours this morning so I woke him to feed him. However my mom and her friend were saying babies will wake up on their own to feed.

Should I be waking him earlier or let him sleep? He's my first so I'm new to all this!

You should wake him at that age x

My little one is 1 week old, and at times sleeps almost 4-5 hours, I just leave him to sleep, and when he wakes I feed him, and he seems fine.

Do you know why its best to wake them?

I think once they have regained their birth weight and are thriving its ok to leave them to sleep at night and feed on demand. Its up to you though, I find if LO feeds well and regularly during the day he sleeps longer at night.

My lo would sleep 5 hours at night at 10 days old. I left him to sleep. He fed 1-3 hourly the rest of the time. If there are concerns over weight then the midwives should have instructed you to feed him 3hrly. If not, feeding on demand is just fine.

x

i leave my lo to sleep. they will wake if they are hungry x

I let my LO sleep. The nurses gave me an odd look when I was in the hospital and she hadn't eaten in about 5-6 hours.. I tried waking her, numerous times... after 3 weeks I've learned that she will wake up when she is hungry. Now and again I can get her to wake up if I want to get her fed so I can get an hour or so of sleep but otherwise I just leave her.

Yeah they said in hospital he should be feeding every 2-3 hours but not necessarily to wake him. He gained an ounce from day we left hospital to his first appointment 2 days later and he has tons of wet and poopy diapers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->