10 day period and still going

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Vesta, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Vesta

Vesta Mum of 1. WTT #2

Hi ladies! This is a bit TMI but I got my period 10 days ago and it hasn't stopped sinse. My periods always last 4 or 5 days. Does anyone know what can cause this? I guess my first concearn is that I could have been pregnant and am now having a miscarriage. Do you think this is possible? I never took a pregnancy test as my cycle wasn't late or anything.

If it hasn't stopped by Wednesday I'll try to get an appointment to see the doctor. But was just wondering if anyone had any ideas in the mean time.

2. fides

fides Well-Known Member

yes, i think it is possible that you are miscarrying a weee baby, but your doctor will have more info for you, to be sure.

3. Vesta

Vesta Mum of 1. WTT #2

Thanks fides. That's what I thought. :cry:

4. Tina Bee

Tina Bee Guest

Are your periods regular? I used to get 12 day periods because mine are highly irregular. I also have suspected PCOS. Its best to contact your doctor if it doesn't stop in the next few days. Good luck.

5. karla1

karla1 proud mummy of 1

i was a few days late back in nov and when i did come on it was the most painful period ever it lasted 12 in total

i went to the doctors but it was on day 8 (i usually only bleed for 5 days max) doctor confirmed it was most likely a miscarriage but although they where pretty sure they could not confirm this 100% as after 8 days the pregnancy hormones would be almost undetectable and unless there was still cots in it (TMI sorry) a scan would not confirm or dismiss it

sorry hunny but it does sound like you could be miscarrying x