10 days or less ? how did i get here?!

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
well its my due date today. 40 freakin weeks?! no way. I remember when I first found out & it seems like yesterday.. but it was actually n dead winter cold ass January! this seems crazy to me. nobody n my family has went this far! so I didn't think I would! well looks like hes comfy n there. my cervix was closed on Monday :shrug: they wanted me to be induced right at 41 weeks & I got freaked out! I want my body to go into labor on its own if I can! so they let me schedule it for next sunday evening & I will only be a few days shy of 42 weeks. so yeah either he will b here before then, or he will be forced out :nope: it says on my chart that I will go in that sunday evening & they will use cytotek I think its called. then 12 hours later they will start that other med through an iv. im very nervous & sh*t just got very real. has anyone been induced? its safe for me to go that far right? has anyone been closed around 40 weeks & then still went into labor naturally days later? sorry so many questions.. just really freakin out over here. Hes been almost fully engaged for like 2 weeks now! so I really thought I would go into labor on my own :cry:

12049656_10153690678069759_4124189896505629107_n.jpg

Cervix checks dont tell you anything other than whats happening in that moment of time.
You can be closed then holding a baby only 6hrs later.
It is safe to go to 42w your not classed as overdue til 42+1
Heres a good link
https://midwifethinking.com/2010/09/16/induction-of-labour-balancing-risks/

Hey. I was induced at 41+4. It's absolutely fine to go to 42 weeks if there are no medical issues. My LO took another couple of days to arrive and was born at 42 weeks xx

thank u so much guys. it really makes me feel better. I will be 41w4d when im induced so seeing that link & then u ^ going that far, has really eased my mind. I cant wait to see my baby I just really want to go into labor on my own (of course)! & I know cervical checks really don't tell u much. on Monday I was considering refusing the check. im tired of being checked & its always the same thing.. closed! I will be 4 days ast my due date on Monday tho so im not sure if they will definitely want to check or not. what is the oint tho? I will b induced sunday evening regardless. what do u guys think? should I refuse a check like I want to? or should I do it since it will be my last one before being induced & I have went over my due date?

Why not look into whether you'd like to give a sweep a go before your induction :)

I have heard a lot of women talk about having one done. my doctor has never said anything about doing one tho. do all doctors do them? someone also told me u have to be dilated some to have it done. I will ask about it on Monday for sure tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->