10 month old hitting herself with open hand on the head?

sevenofnine

Reaction score
My 10 month old woke up today and it's almost like a switch has flipped; she's been doing SO many new things today!

For one, she slept through the night, 7pm-7:30am for the FIRST time ever last night, and then she woke up and has a new dance, said a new word, is making new sounds, trying to stand on her own... all sorts of new things.

But one thing has made me nervous. Since she woke up this morning, she's been hitting her head with her open hand.
She is in a great mood, active, playing, singing with me, bribing me with kisses to get what she wants (another new thing ;)), but the head hitting has me a bit worried.

It's only started today, and she's done it a few times. Sometimes she'll hit her head with her open hand a few times in a row in quick succession. Sometimes it seems for no reason! It's been just a few times today.

I'm not worried about autism or anything like that; I guess I'm more worried about a headache or something? But surely she would be upset and crying if she were in pain?

She has been very happy today, actually. (Although with her new mental development, she has been getting frustrated more easily today with the things she's trying to do.)

So weird! Almost 11month old doing the same thing last 2 days, at nap/bedtime. Smacking himself on the head/face!! Quite hard too!!

What the heck are they going through now to make that seem good?!?!? :) x

Hahaha Jack (11 months) does the same, especially at mealtimes!
I have no idea why, but you're not alone!!

I figured it was probably just a phase, it just freaked me out!

Is she in a wonder week or something?? She's been creeping me out today with the things she suddenly can do overnight... she's 44 weeks tomorrow. (By gestational age, she would be 44w,4d). I had the Wonder Weeks book on my tablet, but I broke it. :(

Sophie still does this! It was random at first, now she does it when frustrated or upset.

Dylan does this!! I think it might be a sign of tiredness :)

Sam only doing it nap and bedtimes so tiredness may well be it

Wonder weeks leap 7 is about now!! X

Max does this right before he falls asleep in my arms. He starts to zone out and whack himself in the head absentmindedly. :shrug: Weird kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->