• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

10 month old - what snacks?

leannehurren

Reaction score
Just wondered if other people introduced snacks at this age and what people give as snacks?

At nursery caleb has toast or sandwich. Keen to introduce more fruit as he's suffering from bit of constipation. Trouble is fruit is sooo slippery for him to hold!

Hiya,

My lo eats whole strawberries, large chunks of bananas, satsuma segments, kiwi chunks (with skin), grapes (cut in half or whole), chunks of melon (with skin), chunks of pineapple (with skin) etc... sometimes he spends a while working out how to pick them up, and sometimes they slip out of his hand, but I find it I cut too big or too small he finds them harder to eat. I think it's probably trial and error but he worked it all out quite quickly... He always spits the skin out and it kind of seems it helps him to grip.

Hoping that's helpful...

x

My lo doesnt tend to have snacks very often just because she isnt really a big eater, but if I do give them she tends to have either breadsticks, homemade cheese biscuits or fruit. She eats most fruit, pears, melon, banana, strawberries etc. I just cut them into segments that I know are managble for her. When she first started with fruit she did find it difficult at first because of how slippery it was, it dont take them long to work it out though :flower:

My LO will rarely eat fruit, but I do keep trying! I just cut them into manageable segments...she does drop them a lot and spit them back out, but I just keep trying her with it. I think she will get the hang of it eventually and realise it isnt going away lol

Other than that, I give Jessica cheese biscuits, biscottis, toast with cheese spread, breadsticks, cucumber sticks, carrot sticks,cherry tomotoes, yoghurts, grated cheese, rice cakes, the Organix crisps range etc...

strawberries, full bananas but most goes on the floor, oranges, tuc biscuits with philly, anything and everything at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"