10 months and no attempt to hold his own bottle?

katherinegrey

Reaction score
My LO just turned ten months and makes no attempt to hold his own bottle, I don't mind this as it means mommy gets to feed him still, but should he be doing it by now?? My mom says all four of her kids were at least attempting to hold it if not already feeding themselves at this age. He makes absolutely no attempt to even try. He is crawling, pulling up, cruising around the furniture, claps, babbles, so I'm not too concerned about his development at this age, but should I be encouraging him to hold his feed himself or can I enjoy him being my baby for a bit longer?

Mine stopped using bottles about a month ago but they have never ever held their own bottle!!

I 'taught' them how to use their sippy cup but never did with their bottles. That was mummy snuggling time!!! :cloud9:

Ciara suddenly started holding hers about 11 months. She too made no effort until then. I wasn't worried. I knew she was capable. Think she just couldn't be bothered until then.

Mine doesn't, and i'm happy with that. That's the only time she'll sit on me for a period of time these days! While I can't wait until she doesn't need the formula or bottles any more (nightmare feeder alot of the time) I also don't want it to end!

My little man doesn't either, I'm not too concerned, plenty of time to learn plus he will soon be on cows milk which I'll give in his beaker Xxx

My LO doesn't feed himself either. I think a lot of babies are capable but cant be bothered. Deep down, I like to think LO likes mummy snuggle time :D

My LO can hold his own bottle, but doesn't want to. I think it's a comfort thing.

Can he hold his own sippy cup? My LO drinks from his cup by himself. I like that I can still give him his bottle. He's not going to be having them for much longer now, so I'll just make the most of it.

Mine doesn't. He's perfectly capable of doing so, but likes to sit on my lap while I feed him. I love it, only time he sits still!

My oldest was able to and experimented with it from around 6-7ish months from memory but preferred us to feed her. We did up until she stopped drinking from bottles! I'm glad she allowed us to because we enjoyed that cuddle time with her and it was less of a mess that way. :lol: Also, we could control how long she was drinking from it and she never went to bed needing it in the crib with her.

My youngest (8 months) can kind of sort of hold it but loses grip as it's glass, so heavier, and it falls to the side.

He won't hold a cup or anything either, he likes to be fed whatever he's having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->