10 week appointment, very confused!

Mollyb33

Reaction score
When I went in for my first visit, I was 10 weeks and 3 days. Doc told me they more than likely wouldn't hear anything in relation to the heartbeat as it was way early still. She tried anyway, and boy did she find it! :) I was thrilled, but what has me confused is when she first found it, it was really quiet... Fast but she was straining to count it as my kiddos were being loud in the room. She had said, " there it is! It's so early that it's hard to hear!" Well, she moved the Doppler about two inches to the left and it was like HELLO! It was LOUD! She was like, whoa listen to that! She was shocked she picked it up like that so early! Heartbeat was 178! I can't help but think the quieter heartbeat was a second one? Like maybe it is farther in the back of my uterus? I had a scan at 6 weeks to rule out ectopic but it lasted at the MOST just five minutes and about three of them were measuring my ovaries :/ it was not a normal take your time scan by any means... Could they have missed one? I'm now 12 weeks and I am HUGE! Thank you!!!

She just didn't find the prime spot right off most likely. Your heart rate looks really good though! 178 is a great number.

It is normal for the heartbeat to go from quiet to loud when the doppler gets closer to the baby. It happened all the time with my son because he had a way of trying to move away from the doppler. My doctor found his heartbeat at 8 weeks. So, I don't think 10 weeks is too early at all.

Yea I actually saw my baby's heart beating on an ultra sound at 7 weeks... 10 weeks is plenty of time for heartbeating. :)

My doctor found my baby's heartbeat this past friday at 9+5 so it is definitely possible!

You can actually find the hb at 5.5 weeks (I found mine at 7 weeks). The only reason they mentioned they might have trouble finding it was because they were using a doppler and not a normal sonogram. The reason you probably heard it faint then loud was just because of where the doppler was positioned. You need to hit that "sweet spot" in order to hear it the best.

For the first few weeks of hearing my LO's heartbeats they would be quiet and I'd be chasing them and then find the right spot (usually only an inch or so to the side) and they'd be much louder and clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->