10 week old eating 35 oz a day!

butterflywolf

Reaction score
Okay to start things off my baby girl was born 9 lbs 3 oz and 22 inches. She was not chunky then and is not chunky now. She had her 9 week apt last Friday and she was 24 1/2 inches (100% tile) and 12.4 lbs (68% tile). I told her doctor she was getting 4 bottles a day of about 7 oz. He told me she should be having more and I agreed since the past two days she was acting like she wanted more. So this past week she has now been getting 5 bottles a day of 7 oz bottles. For a total of 35 oz a day. (I did give her some breast milk every other day the first 8 weeks of her life I couldn't keep up with her and choose to give up at the 2 month mark) So she had one day of four bottles of breast milk and then the next day it was four bottles of formula before her 8 weeks.
The past two days she is acting like she wants more. She use to sleep thru the night (from week 7 to about week 9) She'd sleep until 7 or 8. She now is waking up at 5 wanting more milk. And yes she's hungry. Nothing soothes her but the bottle. Clean diaper, pacifier, cuddling her, swinging, nothing but the bottle works. My mom also says that cry defiantly sounds like a hunger cry.
I know our doctor told us we will discuss solids at her next apt in another 6 weeks roughly, but I don't know if I can wait that long. I'm worried she is getting too much formula especially since now she seems to want more! I'm at my wits end. She use to go 5 hours during the day but I'm lucky to get 4 now. (Usually she starts fussing at 3 1/2 hours)

I'd just feed her on demand, if she's hungry feed her :shrug: maybe you could try smaller bottles more frequently? It's best to wait til six months for the solids btw :)

I cant help with your question, but oh my she is beautiful! Congrats on having such a stunning baby girl! Seems just like yesterday you were thinking youd never get pregnant.

Well my boys 6 weeks and eats around 30oz and is only 8.7 pounds haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"