10 week old feeding every 2-3 hours in night

nutnut33

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 10 week old LO who is still waking up every 2-3 hours in the night crying for a bottle. In fact, he hasn´t really gone any longer since the day he was born. There have been the very odd occasion that he has gone to sleep at 10 and then woken at 3, but this has resulted from the fact that he has been awake most of the day. He hardly sleeps during the day as it is, in fact he catnaps, but when he does have a few sleeps during the day I have no chance of him going longer in the night. I put him on Aptamil Hungry baby at about 5 weeks and this hasn´t made a blind bit of difference. He is putting on weight ok in fact he is about 13.5lbs at the moment, quite a big sturdy boy. Today have bought him SMA White, thought changing the milk might help? Shall I gradually introduce SMA White or just change it over completely. My eldest was on SMA Gold and never had any problems, in fact the older he got the more he took, the longer between feeds!!! I am constantly tired as you can imagine and would welcome any advice. Thanks :cry:

no advice- sorry
but i am in the same boat with my lo.
She is 11 weeks old & while shes awake she wants feeding ever 2 hours...
she doesnt sleep during the day but will sleep 5/6 hours during the night..

What is your LO's feeding pattern during the day?
How much does he take from the bottle at night compared to during the day?

If he is going longer during the day then try and feed him more frequently, perhaps he has night and day mixed up....
If he is just waking crying for the bottle and only having a small amount then he might have associated the bottle with going back to sleep (does that make sense?) perhaps you could try giving him a pacifier instead of the bottle....?

He is feeding between 2.5 and 3 hours during the day as well and hardly sleeping just catnapping :-(. He has a dummy but normally only takes this for a short while and usually when he is hungry then he realises there is no milk attached to it....... I thought by this age he would be sleeping alot better especially when he doesnt hardly sleep during the day.....

Sorry no advice,i'm in the same position. My LO is 8 weeks old and never slept for more than 2 hours in one go, usually wakes up 5-6 times a night for feed and wakes up a lot during the day and been like that since he;s born. Now he's about 14 lbs ( big boy )
the best night i ever got was when he got up 3 times and that's 2 nights ago

How many ounces is your LO taking at a time? Is he draining his bottles? Is it possible to get him to eat any more at a time so that he can go longer? Also have you tried dream feeding right before he goes to bed (just feed him a top off bottle right before you go to bed--however much he'll take), might help him sleep longer at night.

Is your LO getting enough during the day? I dont remember when I started doing this, but I cut out my sons night feed...so that when he woke up, I just rocked him back to sleep rather than feed him back to sleep, and then he stopped waking up. I really hope that you figure this out, I know the first couple of months are hard.

Hi,
I changed his milk from Aptamil Hungrier to SMA White last night and he slept from 11.30 to 5.45am. Am a very happy mummy today here´s hoping that it wasn´t a one off!!!

He's only little, it's actually quite unusual for a baby to sleep more than 3-4 hours at night. They only have wee tummies so can't hold lots of milk.

oh no hunny i feel for you i really do, i dont really know wot to say, is he drinking the whole bottle b4 he goes to sleep??

Hi,
I changed his milk from Aptamil Hungrier to SMA White last night and he slept from 11.30 to 5.45am. Am a very happy mummy today here´s hoping that it wasn´t a one off!!!

that's great! Hope it continues!

Since I changed the milk yesterday he has drank all of his bottles straight off and then gone to sleep and has gone 4 hours between feeds today. If I have any more children in the future I will not go near Aptamil again!!! Heres hoping he sleeps okay tonight.... :happydance:

Since I changed the milk yesterday he has drank all of his bottles straight off and then gone to sleep and has gone 4 hours between feeds today. If I have any more children in the future I will not go near Aptamil again!!! Heres hoping he sleeps okay tonight.... :happydance:

HI, can I ask, did this continue?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"