10 week scan -- freaked out for nothing!

CamoQueen

Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!
Reaction score
So today was my first ob appointment and my scan, and I'd been freaking out.

See, I have a high bebe doppler, the same one I've had since my first pregnancy. I was able to pick up the heartbeats since the 8th week with both my first and second pregnancy, so I figured this one would be the same. But no. I haven't heard a single whisper of a baby heartbeat since I started looking 2 weeks ago, and to be honest, it freaked me out a little. I'm just as slim as I was in my first pregnancies, and I know what to look for, so I did the stupid thing and let myself worry.:wacko:

After the worlds longest talk about my history, symptoms, etc, I finally got my ultrasound. I was sooo thrilled and relieved to see my little pea in there! Whether its anterior placenta or a shy baby, I don't know, but the heartbeat was a very strong 167. Baby was wiggling up a storm, measuring right on date. The doctor showed me the line of the amniotic sac, the umbilical cord, and the shrinking yolk sack. She was getting frustrated because the baby was sitting with its legs in front of its body so she couldn't get a good measurement, lol. She was like, "Your baby is doing a yoga pose in there..." :dohh:

It was so amazing, and so beautiful! I'm finally letting myself realize this is happening, I'm really pregnant, there will really be a third addition to our family! And in 2 weeks, I'll spill the beans to my loved ones.

So happy today. :happydance:

Attachments

• sweetpea3.jpg
    sweetpea3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 21
Congrats!! Beautiful picture!!

That's a great pic! It looks like a baby already!! It's crazy how much they change in just a few weeks.

That's a great pic! It looks like a baby already!! It's crazy how much they change in just a few weeks.

Yes, it was amazing! There was a head, body, arms, and legs. You could even see the face a little bit. The way he/she was squiggling and wiggling just hits home that your LO is a teeny tiny person in development. It was awesome.:cloud9:

Ah that's awesome!!! Im also terrified over mine, this is my first baby and I don't want to go alone, but df works away :(

Congratulations, that is such a cute picture! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->