10 weeks pregnant

Samanthatc

Reaction score
So when I first found out I was pregnant I took just one test before my period was due. The line was a little faint but definitely there. I didn't bother taking anymore tests because it was an obvious line and since then I've been so sick and had every pregnancy symptom in the world so I figured there was no point in testing.

I haven't had any ubltra sounds yet as my doctor doesn't think j need one until the 12 week mark.

Anyway we were planning on visiting my family tonight and finally telling them all the news. I took another frer for curiosity and although it's def positive the test line is still not as dark as the control line. At this point shouldn't it be darker? Ive seen some women's test who have the test line darker than the control line..

Now I'm wondering if we should hold off telling people for a little longer..

image.jpg

I think hcg in the urine reaches it peak between 8-10 weeks and then drops down a bit after that. I wouldn't worry too much about it xx

It's the hook effect. Your hcg will have reached a peak and the lines on tests won't show as strongly as previous weeks. In my first pregnancy at 11 weeks pregnant I had a spare digital test so I tested and it only showed 1-2 weeks whereas when I previously tested at around 5 weeks it was showing 3+ weeks.

Thanks ladies! Decided to tell them :) will feel better after that first ultrasound though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->