10 weeks today, feeling fed up and sad!

BB1982

Reaction score
I honestly thought I'd love every second of being pregnant. Although I was lucky and caught quickly, I waited a long time to try. Now I'm finally pregnant, 10 weeks today and I'm feeling so sad. I've been nauseas for weeks, and today I'm finally not (which is worrying me. I want to know baby is ok, still 3 weeks before my scan, I'm worried something will go wrong.) I'm just feeling sad, and angry, and upset, and hopeless today. Just figured out today I'm missing my second period as I had 5 week cycles, and I feel like I've got PMT! How odd is that? Anybody else had days like this? As well as everything else I'm feeling guilty that I'm not 'appricating' how lucky I am. On top of all that I'm looking fat (eating all the time to try to stop the nausea) covered in huge boil like red stops, haven't had the energy to do anything other than a messy ponytail with my hair in weeks and seem to live in my oldest tattyist jogging bottoms. OH must be just looking at me and thinking I'm such a slob!! Sorry, I just needed to vent. X

Me too girl. Everything you've said I feel too. Hopefully it gets better soon.

I'm a state - ill, tired, unwashed ... if I was a guy, I'd have a beard down to my knees by now, though my leg hair is giving that image a pretty good run for its money.

If it helps, my (intense, all-day) morning sickness went away suddenly by about 99% at 9 weeks last time, and I was worried (but LO was and is just fine). This time, I've still got it, and I'm 14 weeks, but it's not severe, just annoying ... and I'm depressed and fed up. Whichever way it goes, the first trimester is basically shit, and if you're not vomiting, you're worrying about something and vice versa.

I promise you it is totally worth every miserable second. :hugs:

Don't worry, I've been feeling pants the whole pregnancy! This baby is so very much wanted but I've quite frankly felt miserable for 16 weeks! I feel very guilty at times for not feeling excited or happy but it is hard when you feel really ill (or worried etc)! I'm trying to not give myself a hard time about it! Your enjoyment of pregnancy is no indication what so ever of how much you'll love your baby! Its just not enjoyable for everyone (plus, chances are you will feel better in the second trimester!)

Thanks everyone. I feel better knowing you are all miserable too!! 😂 Only joking, but it is nice to know I'm not alone. I just want my scan, to know baby is ok and to start feeling 'blooming' (still living in hope that this will happen st some point!) xx

Haha...blooming, sure. I'd be happy with just not wilting.

Not everyone is unlucky to feel rubbish all the way through. In fact I think most people don't. I think forums can be a bit skewed with people who are struggling rather than those who are skipping along! From my friends/colleagues, I'd say the whole 12 week and feeling great again is not that common but nearly everyone I know felt totally better by 18-20 weeks max! Fingers crosssed for you!

(Oops double posted! See below!)

I'm 10+1 and exactly the same!

Feel terrible all day every day, which results in looking like crap and then feeling there's no point making an effort anyway because I'll still look like crap. Then getting depressed because I feel I should make an effort for OH (at least TRY to look nice) but just don't have the energy or inclination to, and so it goes back to the beginning!

Fed up of feeling ill, fed up of people telling me 'it'll get better soon', fed up of waiting (I also have 3 weeks until my scan), fed up of feeling guilty because I should be happy and grateful and glowing...

I know it doesn't help how you feel, but at least you know its not just you and you're not abnormal...!

Oh man. I am sick and tired of feeling horrible too. I have had my scan and bloodwork and seen my doctor so i know all is well inside so im not depressed or anxious at all But im exhausted and overall sick of feeling sick.
My MS began a week before i got my BFP. And i got my BFP at 9dpo. So its been going on a long time.
The first tri just sucks. Good luck to all of you.

Today I have brushed my hair and put clean underwear on, and then my pyjamas back on. My kids are still in pyjamas. They ate fishfingers for lunch while I hid my face in my dressing gown. They are now watching rubbish on the ipad while i lay on the sofa. Believe it or not this is a success compared to some days. We are warm, fed and somewhat clothed. (Except me, Ive drank some lucozade and had crackers).
I laughed so much at someones leg hair length - mine too! I cant lay in a hot bath without puking let alone grooming.
For my last 2 pregnancies it has gotten a lot better around the 12 week mark, give or take. Im currently 12 weeks, and its still here full force.
Hang in there, and feel proud of what you have achieved today. Even if its only a messy ponytail and vomit glow on the outside - you are creating a human life on the inside. Now that deserves a medal!x

Ah yes, that was my leg hair. It's practically brushable. I wish my head hair looked as lustrous and healthy. My head hair is matted pile.

I was sick four times in an hour this morning. This is by far the worst day so far, sickness-wise. I just don't understand why it seems to be getting worse? :(

Before I got pregnant with my first I had this vision of me being pregnant and loving it, eating healthy and exercising, glowing all the time and enjoying every minute of it. In reality my experience couldn't have been more opposite, I absolutely hated being pregnant. I was sick the entire time, lived off of carbs because they were the only thing that didn't make me vomit, would often go a week at a time without showering because being in the shower made me vomit, etc. I was miserable. I expected the same this time around but so far the sickness is much more manageable and I don't feel like dying all day every day. You will get through even if you never get that magical second trimester everyone always raves about, each day shall pass and you will survive this. I remember thinking to myself during my first pregnancy that I couldn't imagine anyone putting themselves through that hell more than once, but here I am almost 10 weeks pregnant with my second and my first isn't even a year old yet!

Ah yes, that was my leg hair. It's practically brushable. I wish my head hair looked as lustrous and healthy. My head hair is matted pile.

I was sick four times in an hour this morning. This is by far the worst day so far, sickness-wise. I just don't understand why it seems to be getting worse? :(

I know I can't understand why it's getting worse and not better? Wtf?!?!?!?!?! I try and try to puke and nothing comes out, except copious amounts of spit. I don't know if that's better or worse. I'm currently back on the couch again today.

It isn't fair! I've just had enough of it now. Beginning to think I might have a stomach bug as I can't even get out of bed and everything ACHES. Why are our bodies doing this to us. :(

I spent my 1st pregnancy worried and sick and stressed and in denial about the baby. I looked forward to the second pregnancy being my chance to really enjoy pregnancy. I was sick and stressed and had a toddler to look after so didnt have time to think about much. This pregnancy I came to terms with the idea that I am never going to have the pregnancy that I imagined but that is okay. I was so sick with HG this time that I didnt get out of bed and barely ate for 6 weeks, never mind regular showers. It got worse and worse until 12 weeks when it thankfully started to improve suddenly. There are moments of the pregnancy that I have enjoyed and I try to focus on them rather than the whole thing being a fantastic experience. My favourite is when baby starts to give you kicks you can feel with your hand.

You are definitely not alone! My first pregnancy was a breeze. I was hardly ever sick and just a tired in the first tri. This time omg it couldn't be much more different... I've had nausea since like 2 dpo practically. The exhaustion this time is insane. I mean how could it hurt so much to just get out of bed. Ugh, then I feel horrible for not being able to do much for my son and then I get depressed and well... It's a vicious cycle. But yes.. You are NOT alone!

Okay just vomited for the first time...so far it's been constant nausea but tonight it just all came to a head. Omg I haven't been that sick in a long time. Just please make it go away already!

Pure shit. I shall look forward to my customary morning hurl when I attempt to move from this bed.

I feel the same!!, I'm almost 10 weeks, completely miserable with sickness and still soooo far to go in the pregnancy too!!! Urgh!!! Is it June yet??? Blah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->