10 weeks today, feeling fed up and sad!

Hey girl, around 10 weeks is when the placenta starts kicking in, which is when a lot of the first trimester symptoms will go away, so don't be too nervous! Mine disappeared with my son at 10 and a half weeks.

I honestly thought I'd love every second of being pregnant. Although I was lucky and caught quickly, I waited a long time to try. Now I'm finally pregnant, 10 weeks today and I'm feeling so sad. I've been nauseas for weeks, and today I'm finally not (which is worrying me. I want to know baby is ok, still 3 weeks before my scan, I'm worried something will go wrong.) I'm just feeling sad, and angry, and upset, and hopeless today. Just figured out today I'm missing my second period as I had 5 week cycles, and I feel like I've got PMT! How odd is that? Anybody else had days like this? As well as everything else I'm feeling guilty that I'm not 'appricating' how lucky I am. On top of all that I'm looking fat (eating all the time to try to stop the nausea) covered in huge boil like red stops, haven't had the energy to do anything other than a messy ponytail with my hair in weeks and seem to live in my oldest tattyist jogging bottoms. OH must be just looking at me and thinking I'm such a slob!! Sorry, I just needed to vent. X

13 weeks and no change. I'm terrified I will be one of those people who end up sick their whole pregnancy.

13 weeks and no change. I'm terrified I will be one of those people who end up sick their whole pregnancy.

I've totally thought that in both my pregnancies, the first time because it was so bad and constant (though it then just stopped dead overnight at 9 weeks), and this time because I hoped it would stop early again, only it was still going on, and getting worse, as I approached 14 weeks!

However, in the last 2-3 days, it has basically gone apart from one random smell-induced episode! It really does just disappear, sometimes with no warning, and has happened that way for a lot of my friends too. Nobody I know has had it over 16 weeks, by which time most people seem to find total relief. Hang in there!

I've totally thought that in both my pregnancies, the first time because it was so bad and constant (though it then just stopped dead overnight at 9 weeks), and this time because I hoped it would stop early again, only it was still going on, and getting worse, as I approached 14 weeks!

However, in the last 2-3 days, it has basically gone apart from one random smell-induced episode! It really does just disappear, sometimes with no warning, and has happened that way for a lot of my friends too. Nobody I know has had it over 16 weeks, by which time most people seem to find total relief. Hang in there!

Thank you so much you really have given me hope...no one has so far. I hope no more than 3 more weeks of this nightmare.

Urgh, don't listen to people's horror stories if that's what you're being given. Without warning, it may just up and leave. Both times as well, I found it really hit the worst possible low before it suddenly got better - with my first, I spent a whole night vomiting and crying then woke up with nothing. With this one, I spent the whole of last weekend in bed, being sick 5+ times a day and with the most horrific headache possible. But I've been feeling basically well now for about three days, so I'm really hopeful it's over now! Don't worry too much, it's pretty unusual that people suffer the whole time or don't feel at least somewhat better. :hugs:

So, since my first post not much has improved other than I had to do week 9 twice!! I had some bleeding and was lucky enough to get an early scan, which was amazing and really made me feel that all this horrid sickness is so worth it! But they pushed back my date by just over a week, meaning I went from 10+4 to 9+1, pushing back my next scan and meaning that glorious second trimester is now further away. I just want to stop feeling so ill. Actually vomited the other day, I hate being sick and other than being drunk I hadn't vomited through sickness for over 10 years!! I had to leave a conference at work and run and hurl, and it just kept coming and coming. It was not nice. Now I'm terrified of being sick again I'm sticking to carbs in the hope I'll keep it down. Oh and today DH goes out on his works Christmas night out leaving me looking after his two children, half an hour after he leaves I'm stuck on the loo with the worlds worst diarrhea, lovely. (Thinking now this could be due to drinking a litre of appletiser today!! Lol) What the hell is my poor body going through? Keep going ladies, we can do this!! X

I'll all be worth it!!, this time next year you'll look back at this post and laugh!!. Big hugs! X

I feel for ya ladies.
My MS is starting to let up now. I feel bad complaining because in 2 pregnancies i have never once actually vomitted..just extreme fatigue and some nasty all day nausea.
Im sure it will go away soon! You may not even notice it going lol. I know it took me a couple days to notice.

I had seriously bad morning sickness to the point that I think I would have just about died (in the literal sense) without the meds and IV. I did however improve quite rapidly from 12 weeks. My first pregnancy I started to improve at 13 weeks.

It was pretty awful but I was really worried that I was going to have it for the whole pregnancy and I didn't. Although there are a few who suffer for months most really do improve a lot somewhere around the end of tri 1 or beginning of tri 2.

12 weeks today and still feel as terrible as ever. Still no vomitting but the nausea is still in full force.
I was signed off work this week and I've asked today to be signed off for another week. I can't imagine doing a 13 hour shift (potentially with no break) the way I'm feeling right now.

Ladies, 14 weeks this week and actually have had two good days and today which has been pretty good. Not going to lie and say I am back to normal, but definitely functioning. Hoping this trend continues.

HA, you see :D ... hope it stays that way. I've had a couple more random pukes recently but the nausea is so massively, massively diminished that I don't care. I can cope with being sick now and again, but feeling sick is just shite!

Glad you are feeling better. :)

Snap,im feeling very stressed out by it all at the minute,should add my hormones are terrible this time(twins) hope you feel better soon,and if not please talk to your midwife.depression isnt just post baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->