10 weeks with twins and not enjoying being pregnant because of constant spotting

Fizzyfefe

Mama and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I just need to let it out. I'm not enjoying this pregnancy at all. I have been pretty much constantly spotting since I found out I was pregnant. You can see on my chart how often. I've was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma a couple weeks ago, which explains the bleeding before, but I had more bright red blood today and my doctor can't see me today or tomorrow. I'm so sick of constantly thinking that I'm going to lose my babies. I can't be happy at all because I'm so scared that something is wrong. Every time I wipe, my heart jumps through my chest because I see blood so often. My first pregnancy wasn't like this at all. I don't know if I can ever handle being pregnant again after this. Thanks for reading.

That's awful :( must make you so worried . I have heard of subchronic hemetomas and I know one women from work who bled quite heavily because of one! She went on to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy.
Hopefully you can contact your doctor maybe he or she will schedule ultrasounds for you to ease your mind until the spotting stops.

I so understand! I've had 2 miscarriages that both started with spotting...so for me that was always the indicator that my pregnancies were not well. Then I had my daughter...zero bleeding except for a small spotting incident after sex in third trimester, I could feel her moving around and was so far along it was no big deal.

Then I had an ectopic pregnancy...again spotting and bleeding. Fast forward to this pregnancy and I spotted my entire first trimester. Ultrasound never revealed any issues and my Dr was just constantly telling me not to worry, it was probably a super sensitive cervix. I felt like I couldn't enjoy pregnancy at all...I was constantly worried and would basically shut down every time I spotted. I was having a hard time bonding with the baby at all because any time I would get excited I would have another spotting incident and feel convinced we were going to lose the baby. It was an absolutely grueling couple of months.

I just had my NT ultrasound and was able to go see a high risk Dr. My placenta is low-lying and she's pretty confident it's whats caused the spotting. She expects it to move up as I get bigger and she's not concerned. Having that weight off my shoulders and seeing a healthy baby wiggle around and hiccup...I think I truly felt happy for the first time in my pregnancy. Almost 14 weeks and I'm finally starting to enjoy it a little bit. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there <3 I know those SCHs can cause lots of bleeding and spotting and then eventually resolve.

Sorry to hear you're going through that :( if my second pregnancy had ended positively it would have been my last one, as I seem to have a tendency to bleed in pregnancy. I did for a week at 11 weeks with my daughter, and I had spotting at 6 and 9 weeks with my second, which sadly ended in MC (though again, at 9 weeks the spotting developed into serious pain and losing clots which was the big sign it wasn't right). I'm going to put myself through it again...as I'm desperate for 1 more baby. But after that I'm done. TTC was stupidly stressful as it took so long with number 2. add in the bleeding and it's just too much worrying!

Good luck :) Hopefully the spotting dies down soon for you.

I'm so sorry. Any blood in pregnancy is absolutely terrifying and so unsettling. I had spotting from 12 weeks until almost 16 weeks. It was random, sometimes with BMs and sometimes just when I wiped. Closet to 16 weeks I had blood in mucous. Ultrasound showed a happy healthy baby girl and the bleeding was chalked up to "unexplained." I either have an ultrasensitive cervix or a tiny blood vessel that kept popping. I wish you the best.

I bled in first trimester and again in third! The one thing that helps is resting and staying off your feet. Spotting doesn't always mean something bad. At least they know u have a hematoma, mine they had no idea where it was coming from and that's way more scary xx

That's awful :( must make you so worried . I have heard of subchronic hemetomas and I know one women from work who bled quite heavily because of one! She went on to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy.
Hopefully you can contact your doctor maybe he or she will schedule ultrasounds for you to ease your mind until the spotting stops.

Thank you for responding. The ER doctor and my OB both said that a hematoma is, most of the time, nothing to worry about, and that my body will just reabsorb it. The bleeding has stopped for now, and my next appointment with her is on Thursday. I think I'm going to be a complete mess until then, though.

I so understand! I've had 2 miscarriages that both started with spotting...so for me that was always the indicator that my pregnancies were not well. Then I had my daughter...zero bleeding except for a small spotting incident after sex in third trimester, I could feel her moving around and was so far along it was no big deal.

Then I had an ectopic pregnancy...again spotting and bleeding. Fast forward to this pregnancy and I spotted my entire first trimester. Ultrasound never revealed any issues and my Dr was just constantly telling me not to worry, it was probably a super sensitive cervix. I felt like I couldn't enjoy pregnancy at all...I was constantly worried and would basically shut down every time I spotted. I was having a hard time bonding with the baby at all because any time I would get excited I would have another spotting incident and feel convinced we were going to lose the baby. It was an absolutely grueling couple of months.

I just had my NT ultrasound and was able to go see a high risk Dr. My placenta is low-lying and she's pretty confident it's whats caused the spotting. She expects it to move up as I get bigger and she's not concerned. Having that weight off my shoulders and seeing a healthy baby wiggle around and hiccup...I think I truly felt happy for the first time in my pregnancy. Almost 14 weeks and I'm finally starting to enjoy it a little bit. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there <3 I know those SCHs can cause lots of bleeding and spotting and then eventually resolve.

Your story gives me a lot of hope. I will ask about my placentas when she scans me on Thursday. I completely relate to what you said about a lack of bonding. I have told my husband that I don't want to buy anything else for them until later because I can't see myself holding my two babies at the end of all this. Thank you so much for responding.

Sorry to hear you're going through that :( if my second pregnancy had ended positively it would have been my last one, as I seem to have a tendency to bleed in pregnancy. I did for a week at 11 weeks with my daughter, and I had spotting at 6 and 9 weeks with my second, which sadly ended in MC (though again, at 9 weeks the spotting developed into serious pain and losing clots which was the big sign it wasn't right). I'm going to put myself through it again...as I'm desperate for 1 more baby. But after that I'm done. TTC was stupidly stressful as it took so long with number 2. add in the bleeding and it's just too much worrying!

Good luck :) Hopefully the spotting dies down soon for you.

Thank you. Luckily I haven't passed any clots and the bleeding has turned brown every time, so hopefully it means that everything is okay. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry. Any blood in pregnancy is absolutely terrifying and so unsettling. I had spotting from 12 weeks until almost 16 weeks. It was random, sometimes with BMs and sometimes just when I wiped. Closet to 16 weeks I had blood in mucous. Ultrasound showed a happy healthy baby girl and the bleeding was chalked up to "unexplained." I either have an ultrasensitive cervix or a tiny blood vessel that kept popping. I wish you the best.

I'm glad someone else can relate. My blood is also mixed with mucus and it's so unnerving. I'm glad your baby girl is healthy and doing okay.

I bled in first trimester and again in third! The one thing that helps is resting and staying off your feet. Spotting doesn't always mean something bad. At least they know u have a hematoma, mine they had no idea where it was coming from and that's way more scary xx

Luckily, my husband's family is helping as much as possible, so I can take it easy without worrying about my son being cared for. What I don't understand is, if the hematoma is old, why the blood is coming back bright red again. I haven't lifted anything heavier than my son since I found out.

Your dr should put you on progesterone suppositories. My spotting stopped instantly after taking progesterone. I'm still on it! Any type of hematoma can bleed don't worry xx

Did you have your progesterone levels checked before they subscribed the suppositories? I will definitely mention it at my next appointment.

I just wanted to stop in and mention about the progesterone suppositories. I am also pregnant with twins after my 5th IVF cycle. I was on the progesterone suppositories and they caused me spotting everyday until I stopped them. If you get your progesterone checked and it is low I think you should definitely consider some form of progesterone to supplement but be warned that they can irritate your cervix and cause spotting.

I wish you all the best! I know spotting can be very scary (I had it for about 4 weeks) but know that if you're not filling a pad within a few hours it is very likely you will continue to have a successful pregnancy. :hugs:

No no there's absolutely no need to check progesterone prior to taking the suppositories. My progesterone is not low at all and my OB, the high risk OB and the LD Drs all told me that it's best to take progesterone suppositories if you have any spotting at all. Reason being, it's believed to strengthen uterine lining and relax the uterine cramping/ contractions. It can't do any harm it can only help. For me the minute I started progesterone all the spotting stopped. I'm taking prometrium 2 tablets vaginally at night and I swear it's made all the difference for me. The spotting stops instantly. Again, I'm not low in progesterone at all I found out through other routine blood tests. I would ask your dr about prometrium X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->