• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

11 1/2 weeks lost over a stone but stomach is still bigger pre pregnancy

Riley_Zoo

Reaction score
Ok so I am 11 1/2 weeks pregnant and so far have lost over a stone, wasn't trying just happened due to lack of appetite and nausea. however I have still managed to grow a lot in the stomach region and don't fit in my trousers, having to wear belly bands already.
It's driving me mad, how could I have lost so much weight but still be so large already...any one else out there in the same boat? I was hoping to hide the pregnancy a bit longer from work and friends, not sure that will happen for much longer now!
I am starting to think I am going to be one of those beached whale pregnant ladies rather than a nice neat cute bump! lol

Ive lost weight and every day is different, im still bloating, can tell im retaining water some days jeans are loose other days my jeans are snug. I deffo do not have any bump this is my 3rd plus im not slim so probably amother reason.

It's crazy, isn't it? I've only lost a lb but my belly feels huge. Trousers are getting tight etc. I lost 2st before I got pregnant so my clothes were all quite loose anyway otherwise I'd be digging out those elasticated waist bands already!

Hi Hun I lost half a stone and still feel bigger then I did before lol have been like this from about 10 weeks lol x

I've gained 3 lbs but same thing. My pants don't fit anymore and I get so bloated that I look like I have a huge belly by afternoon. It's mainly bloating for me cause I lose a whole inch from night to morning and look fairly normal for half the day, albeit "thicker waisted" than before. This is also my third pregnancy. I think at this time our organs are being pushed up to make room for baby and as baby grows, they will eventually be pushed out of the way to be replaced with the bump. I've just been wearing baggier tops and yoga pants for now, just 2 more weeks to go until we will feel comfortable sharing the news with everyone.

Sooo glad I'm not alone on that, thought I was going mad, This is my first pregnancy so I think it's mainly bloating but even first thing in the morning before I have eaten anything I struggle with my trousers so I don't know if maybe I am retaining water as well. Not sure, keep winding my hubby up that its twins! he is a twin so he is not impressed with the idea :) We've already had an early scan so we are pretty sure there is only one in there (unless the other one did a very good job of hiding) but it's still funny to see the look of horror on his face!

Riley_Zoo, i was like that with my first too. It did disappear for a bit about 12 weeks I think for a few weeks before bump appeared xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"