11-12 day luteal phase?

hola47

Reaction score
Hi all,
Although I am currently in the WTT group, I thought I'd ask you ladies, as you might have the most experience with this sort of stuff.

I got my mirena IUD out end of January and am now onto my 3rd cycle post removal. On my last cycle (2nd) I used OPKs just to try and figure out a little more about my cycle as we prepare to TTC. I got my positive OPK March 7th evening time. I wasn't charting, strictly only OPKs. From a positive, you usually ovulate in the next 12-36 hours. So I likely ovulated March 8th, but possibly only the 9th. I got my period today March 20th, so the maximum my luteal phase could have been was 12 days. Is this an okay length?

Should I try lengthening it with B6 vitamins? If so, how much do I take, and when do I start taking them? We don't start TTC until June, but I want to try and figure out as much about my body as possible in the meantime to try and optimize our chances.

Thanks ladies

Bumping....

Does anyone have some experience/advice?

I'm curious too. My LP is 12 days now. I didn't think that was a problem :shrug:

Mine is less than that... I think it's 11 days and I got a BFP my first cycle. Unfortunately I mc. I don't think it's a problem unless it's less than 10 or something...

I don't have personal experience with a 12 day LP but my friend had 11-12 or so and she got pregnant after 4 months :)

Hope that helps. All the best!

Thanks everyone! I was reading conflicting evidence for the recommended length so I was a little nervous. Some places say that anything under 12 is less than ideal, where some say as long as it is longer than 10 days it is okay. I will probably give it one more cycle to see what happens, then try adding in a B6 to see if it changes anything.

The ideal is a 28 day cycle with ovulation at the 14. As long as you have a regular cycle you can go from there. If a cycle is 30 days than opks are helpful at pinpointing probable ovulating with temping as a general confirmation.

What I suggest is three months of tracking and temping then blood work to confirm. Opks in between to show ovulation is impending and temping to show it occurred. Then you can get LH and AMA and Progesterone draws. If you are in fact not ovulating it's important to know earlier so that there are more options. Lack of menstruation and or ovulation can be overcome but there can be other issues. As far as I'm concerned it's best to have as much information as possible to present!

I have a 10 day LP (I Temp & OPK) and have been pg 4 times with no effort or problem at all (sorry, I know i'm lucky) but just to let you know that a 12 day is totally fine, and I wouldn't worry at all :) xx:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->