11 days late, BFN, lots of symptoms. could I be pregnant?

cce1127

Reaction score
I am ttc baby #1, never been pregnant before. I am very regular, 28 day cycle for the past 11.5 years. I am 11 days late today. I took a hpt on day 5 And day 6 of being late, both BFN. Since then I've been scared to test again because I'm afraid of another BFN, and I've heard of women not testing positive for months.

If I am pregnant I'd be about 5 weeks pregnant now. I am experiencing several symptoms such as:

-Frequent urination.
-Poor sleep. I wake up several times each night to change positions (I always sleep on my stomach, right now it's uncomfortable). I wake up at least once to pee. And I struggle to fall asleep in general lately.
-Acid reflux (no matter what I ate or avoided.) (It's gone now)
-Indigestion
-Loss of appetite. (The thought of eating just about anything makes me sick)
-However I seem to be hungry about half an hour after a meal.
-occasionally, especially late at night I get a strong craving for something specific.
-Dull pain in my right ovary on and off. It's occurring less and less though
-Cramping, like period cramps, on and off
-I have developed acne on my face, and am noticing more on my back then usual
-For about 2 weeks I had a stuffy/runny nose and sore throat, but never actually got sick
-Really sore lower back some days.
-Fatigue, I nap almost everyday after work and on weekends.
-My breasts are quite tender.
-Stomachaches and headaches more frequently than normal
-constipation some days
-Slightly gassy
-Decreased sex drive
-Severe cramps following orgasm (sorry if tmi)
-I find myself getting emotional and or crying over things that wouldn't usually make me feel that way.

Any advice? Despite my BFN, might I be pregnant? I'm feeling hopeful,but trying to be realistic. This waiting and not knowing has been torture the past 11 days, any insight, advice, or thoughts would help, Thank you!

Your symptoms sound like you are pregnant! So don't give up hope just yet. My best friend tested daily and didn't get a positive until right before her 8 weeks. Sometimes it just takes a little while. If you are too concerned and don't want to wait you could get a blood test, or just wait a few days and test again.

Your symptoms sound like you are pregnant! So don't give up hope just yet. My best friend tested daily and didn't get a positive until right before her 8 weeks. Sometimes it just takes a little while. If you are too concerned and don't want to wait you could get a blood test, or just wait a few days and test again.

Thank you, I'm feeling hopeful. When I was 19 I had surgery on my left ovary and the doctor said it could affect my ability to conceive, and if there is a problem with my right ovary I may not be able to conceive at all. So for the past 4 years it's been haunting me, and now that my husband and I are trying every BFN worries and disappoints us. Which is why the waiting to know outs killing me. But I guess waiting is my only option. In 3 days I'll be 2 weeks late and I'll test this Saturday morning (16 days late), and just hope for the best! Just need to find ways to distract myself.

sounds like you could be pregnant to me!! i hope that BFP shows up soon, don't give up hope! also, all these symptoms can't only be in your head, especially stuff like acne or post-orgasm cramps that one doesn't have usually and that you don't really ehm... dream of.

It's really hard to not think about! I have been doing more hobbies lately and my DH has me playing MarioKart 8 with him! It's really fun. I've never been much into gaming, but hey, any way to keep your mind off TTC is a good thing. :) I will keep checking back with you, so let us know how it goes! Praying for our big fat positives this month!

I would see a doctor for a blood test.

All you can do is test again. My first symptom was a stuffy nose (still have it). I'll be waiting for your update!

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling more hopeful now. I have been sure I was pregnant three times before, several of the really common symptoms, nausea, light headed when bending over, fatigue, stomach pains, etc. The first time it turned out my gallbladder shut down. And the second and third times were both kidney stones. So I'm trying not to get ahead of myself again just to be let down, but most of my symptoms right now I didn't even know we're symptoms or didn't think you experienced until months along, so hopefully it's the task thing! I'm going to test again this Saturday,I'll keep you posted! Thank you for all the encouragement!

What kind of tests are you taking? I had extremely faint BFPs on Wondfos at that gestation. They were unmistakable by the next week, though - so by next week you should know for sure by taking a test.

In saying that, a blood test would give you the result now :)

hi im new to this forum ... me and my husband are ttc for4months now .. this month i was suppose to get my period on 12th sept but had no signs of it .. then had on and off cramping and lower back pain .. i didnt want to test as i was scared to receive another negative. Then had intercourse on 18th night and when i wipe there was little brown blood on the tissue and next day morning there was a brown patch on my underwear. I was very upset thinking my periods have started ( full day i was crying). but the flow was very very very light ( im not sure if its spotting or periods). Only lasted for one and half day and it stopped. Anyways i tested on Sunday first urine ( using a cheap test) it came up negative. and i went to a doc. she didnt test me for pregnancy and told that its only because im stressed soo mch.. (i cried in front of her). Finally i was convinced that its only stress. but that night i woke up several times with aching breasts.. and i felt pain in my nipples. next day my husband insisted to take another test.. even though i was confirmed that it wasnt pregnancy i did the test to satisfy him using clear blue ( after dinner) and i couldnt belive there was a very faint line appeared in time limit making it a plus. Yesterday i couldnt sleep till 3a.m thinking about it.. morning i checked the stick again but the line wasnt there :cry:

My husband and a friend went hunting for a few days, left this morning. So even though we decided to be patient and wait until Monday, 7 days from now, to test again, I decided to sneak a hpt while he was away. He'd never know if I got another negitive, right? Well, I finally got my BFP this afternoon!! I'm estimated at 5W4D! Took long enough to get a positive, but I just knew I had to be pregnant!! Now to wait a few days to let my husband in on the good news ;) Thank you all for your support and good advice, I really appreciate it!

Yay!!! That's awesome news! Congrats... Now you have a few days to think of a clever way to tell dh.

Congrats!!!! I had a good feeling about your symptoms. You give me hope! :)

My mom with her 2nd pregnancy kept getting BFN and would go to the clinic to get blood drawn also negative. She was irreglar and wouldn't get periods but she knew something wasn't right as she had a ton of symptoms. She finally found out at almost 5months pregnant ... from a blood draw.

I also say to get a blood test from your dr.... hoping you get your BFP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->