11 week scan and MaterniT21 blood draw in 2 hours.

Peanutt

Reaction score
Ugh! I hope everything is okay. I'm over 35 so by age I'm higher risk for down syndrome and other disorders.
Please let baby be okay. [-o<

I have my fingers crossed for you. Good luck let us know how you get on. There is a similar thread running just now a couple of ladies are waiting for their results too, maybe have a peek and join the threadx

Okay, I need y'all to help me be more rational.
3 weeks ago, baby measured 8w+2d. Today, baby measured 10w+5d. Baby lost 4 days in 3 weeks. Heart rate today was 147 which was good and baby was moving. The doctor says everything looks good but I'm such a worrier. :(

My midwife told me that it is normal for the measurements to be off by up to a week. I had an ultrasound done with one of my MCs and one tech measured the baby at 7w3d, then another tech came in and measured the baby at 7w6d (neither one could find a heartbeat so I know the baby didn't suddenly grow 3 days). Also, some women have smaller babies. It is completely normal. I think they would only worry if there was no heartbeat or if the baby measured about a month behind.

That's normal. I was high risk with daughter and had scans every week from 6 weeks to 13 weeks and then every 2 weeks and then every 3/4 weeks and I don't think I ever measured spot on, even when going every week. Baby would be a day or so behind or ahead. On my OB's ultrasound machine, out by where the date comes up when they measure baby, there is a +-6 days, meaning the date can be out by that much and it's normal. I wouldn't worry, especially since you had a good heartbeat! Good luck with your MaterniT21 results. I had the test done back in 2012 bc of my age and was a nervous wreck waiting on results. All was good tho and I hope it is for you too.

Thank you ladies.
I was charting and sure of my dates but at the first ultrasound, baby measured a week behind. By LMP I should be 12 weeks but doctor set me at 11. So now that baby is another 2 days behind, I worry. The doctor didn't seem concerned. He also only took one measurement so I guess he could be off a few days with that.
Ugh, does the worrying ever stop??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->