11 week ultrasound

Ashtong

Reaction score
I'm having a ultrasound on Wednesday (my 2nd one) and I was just wondering if it was going to be abdominal or vaginal? My last one was at 7 weeks and it was vaginal so I was just curious :)

Not sure, and I can't remember from my last pregnancies. You could call the clinic and ask. :) I would, but that's me lol.

I would like to know as well although my 11week u/s isnt for another 2 1/2 weeks...

I had mine at 11 weeks and a couple days, and it was abdominal.

Abdominal and I didn't need a full bladder (yay!)

Okay good! I was hoping for abdominal. The vaginal one was quite uncomfortable lol

I had to have TV at 11+6 because baby was tucked away in the back so she couldn't get a good view... Hopefully your bub will cooperate so you can have abdominal :)

Really depends on how big u are as well. If ur average then ur probably fine, unless u have a tilted uterus. I'm plus sized, so my 10 wk u/s was trans vag

Okay good! I was hoping for abdominal. The vaginal one was quite uncomfortable lol

Lol you would think right lol

In my experience vaginal.is moat comfortable. ..having someone press pretty hard on ur full bladder has to be the most uncomfortable and distracting thing ever...nearly actually peed myself last time haha ...much prefer vaginal...uncomfortable yes but defo the better option for me lol xx

For me vaginal was extremely uncomfortable because I have sensitive spots inside that they kept having the press hard on.

And for whatever reason, I didn't need a full bladder this time as I said before- definitely ask about that because needing a full bladder is so uncomfortable especially with pregnancy bladder!! Worth it to see the baby, but it's hard to enjoy the moment when you're about to pee your pants.

Ugh that has to be one of the worst parts of pregnancy - those darn full bladder ultrasounds. Absolute torture. And the worst part? You get there before your appointment time, they KNOW you're there with a full bladder, and yet they are so very casual about making you wait past your appt time. Drives me bonkers.

They didn't tell me anything about having a full bladder or not... Do they usually?

With Vaginal US you do not need a full bladder, with abdominal you do until your past your first trimester, then it is usually no longer needed unless your uterus is tilted.

I'm also a plus size and they done abdominal on my when I was 10 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->