11 weeks...diarrhea

sandyhen85

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I take metformin so I may know the answer to this question already but wanted to ask...for the last 4 mornings I have woken up and had to go straight to the bathroom and passed what can only be described as liquid stools, not just soft, but liquid (sorry tmi) I had this problem when I first started metformin a year ago, but I am not sure why this would suddenly reappear...has anyone else had any diarrhea around 10/11 weeks...Iknow it can be common to begin with, but I've not known anyone to get it this late in the first trimester. I had quite bad gas pain and stretching pains early last week, I also had pain due to a cyst so not sure if its all combined. I have my next scan a week tomorrow, so I hope all is ok

Could it be possible you have picked up a tummy bug or eaten something which may of caused it? I know your immune system weakens when pregnant as your body's main focus is to look after the baby making you more succeptable to infections etc x

I did wonder if it was something I am eating, I do seem to be eating same stuff over and over...it's only happening first thing when I wake up and then I'm fine the rest of the day so I don't think it's a bug

Oh hope you get it sorted. I know since I've been pregnant that I've been constipated one minute an then really loose the next sorry tmi but everything has relaxed so could be a number of things but mine is still doing that at this stage in pregnancy so I wouldn't say it's to late x

Looks like we are both 11weeks along :)

I too was constipated for a few days and then had one day of loose stools, then back to constipated which is why this is odd because its been 4days now...I did drink ALOT of orange and apple juice on Wednesday and Thursday followed by increasing my intake of the amount of water I'm drinking (I had trapped gas hence the extra juice) so maybe I went a little over the top with it haha I wouldn't have thought it would cause toilet issues 4 days in a row though because I haven't had any juice since Thursday...I might just have to see how it goes over the next couple if days. just hope baby is ok

I'm sure baby will be fine just keep your fluid intake up so you don't dehydrate. An is it a side effect of metformin? I was given it years ago (for diabetes) but I never took it due to the side effects an I can't remember for the life of me what they were now x

i always get diarrhoea in every pregnancy lol, very unpleasant

I'm sure baby will be fine just keep your fluid intake up so you don't dehydrate. An is it a side effect of metformin? I was given it years ago (for diabetes) but I never took it due to the side effects an I can't remember for the life of me what they were now x

Yep, defo a side effect I had when starting metformin, lasted about a month, but haven't had it since maybe November last year. I have a lot less stomach cramping and gas this evening so hopefully it has passed, will see tomorrow morning haha x

i always get diarrhoea in every pregnancy lol, very unpleasant

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have to say I would much rather dash to the toilet in the morning because of this than morning sickness because it doesn't hurt or anything when I actually go where's I hate being sick...luckily I am now at 11 weeks and haven't been sick, just had nausea. X

same with me i don't go sick, just comes out the other end. i also much prefer it :)

I'm 9+4 and since BFP I've had this prob on and off and mornings are a mad dash! It makes no difference what I eat!
Some days I have it all day others in morn then not in afternoon ( its slight firmer) then other days am ok, pm bad - crazy hormones!!!! X

Ladies I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this, just 2 weeks until I am in the 2nd trimester so fingers crossed all the crazy symptoms will calm down after that x

Ladies I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this, just 2 weeks until I am in the 2nd trimester so fingers crossed all the crazy symptoms will calm down after that x

I hope so to the nausea is driving me crazy x

I hope so to the nausea is driving me crazy x

Oh no, fingers crossed for you I know how much it can suck. Mine seems to remain quite calm at the weekends, I think because I'm lucky enough to get loads of rest, it'll be back tomorrow at work though I'm sure lol x

Have you found anything that settles it? Apart from rest :)

2 slices of marmite on toast for breakfast keeps mine settled quite well, the days I haven't had that for breakfast I have really suffered. How about you?

I've not come across anything I just try to keep eating lil snacks to try keeps it away but was working at first but not so much now. It's all worth it in the end x

If you like marmite then try it on toast tomorrow, you never know it might help you too...defo all worth it, totally agree with you there :) x

I'm almost 12 weeks and have had a bout of diarrhea (or very loose stool) every single morning since I've been pregnant! Lovely isn't it!? All I ever heard associated with pregnancy is constipation.

I had diarrhea on and off throughout my entire pregnancy last time around. It was extremely painful too. They never did figure out what caused it but it stopped after I had her. Now it seems like it's starting to happen again. Hopefully it won't be so bad this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->