• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

11 Weeks pregnant diagnosed with Subchorionic Hemorrhage

jtyler612

Reaction score
Yesterday I began having really bad pelvic and hip pain. It hasn't gotten any better. The doctor performed an ultrasound and said I have a subchorionic hemorrhage and I am at risk for losing the baby. The baby has a strong heartbeat of 167 and was very active. I am very nervous! Anyone go through this before? All stories and advice appreciated! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20150416_110006~2.jpg
    20150416_110006~2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 16
No advice. But I'll be 🙏 for you! I have heard of ladies going full term & everything was fine. Good luck hun x

Im sure is a thread in other section for women who have sch. All the best.

I was also diagnosed with an SCH after being taken to the hospital with a large bleed at 11+6. I was told my a doctor that I was in the process of having another MC and I was kept in overnight so I could be scanned the next morning, in order for them to confirm. Imagine my surprise when they did the scan the next day and showed my a healthy baby, measuring 5 days ahead.

There is a small risk involved, dependant on size of the SCH and it's position in relation to the placenta and the baby, however, the majorty of pregnancies make it to term. My 20 week scan showed that my SCH is still there but the sonographer said that had I not asked her to measure it, she wouldn't have even mentioned it to me- her opinion was that it would have only caused me unnecessary worry. I'm now 26 weeks and as far as I'm aware, it's still there, yet the baby is completely fine. Have they told you how big yours is, where it is etc.?

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry yourself too much x

Try not to worry too much they're very common early on! Mine was diagnosed at my 5-6 week scan, it was quite large and very close to the baby! The sonographer said to expect bleeding and said I wasn't out of the woods yet. I was classed as having a threatened miscarriage. At my 9 week scan, it had gone but I still have fresh red bleeds now. Baby is perfectly fine, with a strong heartbeat so I try not to worry. I googled it and there are so many success stories xx

Thank you ladies for the words of comfort. The Dr didn't tell me the size. In my ultrasound picture that I posted on here and as my profile picture you can see it right above the baby. When they do the next ultrasound to see if it got better or worse I will ask where it's located. It was not on my 8 week ultrasound.

You can also notice in the picture there's a white thing in the clot. He said that its new blood as well because of it was old blood it would show up gray on the ultrasound. He said you can see the outline of the sac where it detached and formed the clot. I haven't had bleeding yet but I also take progesterone suppositories. He said it will either bleed or I will reabsorb it. I went in because I have horrible cramps and pelvic pain. Thank you again ladies!!

Attachments

• 20150416_110006~2.jpg
    20150416_110006~2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
I have an sch too. I've bled on and off since 5 weeks. I believe the level of risk is to do with the location of the bleed and how well it drains. There is an increased risk of miscarriage but the vast majority of pregnant mothers with a sch go to term. The cramping is probably because the blood is an irritant. I know it's scary, every time I wipe and it's red I'm scared but I just try and remember that the majority are fine and I can't do anything to help the situation but stress won't be good for the baby. I've also been advised I may well bleed on and off through pregnancy but only to worry if it's very heavy or clotted.

I had a sch with my 1st,gushed blood from 5-16 weeks and he was fine. Im 10w and have another but havnt bled. Mc wasnt mentioned,just that schs are common.try not to worry too much :)

I was told with my last baby at my 12 week scan that I had a large SCH and that the outcome was not looking good. I had no pains or bleeding but it made me so stressed that my dh booked a private scan where we were pleased to see no sign of it and a very healthy happy baby. Hope that your SCH resolves itself quickly for you and baby xx

Thank you ladies for the reassurance! I am happy to hear that all has gone well during your pregnancies after the diagnosis. I have had several losses so once I heard there was a risk I was quite upset since I've made it this far. Thank you all again!! Xx

I have just got back from a scan today and have a 1cm bleed in the sac.. I was told it was nothing really to worry about and no sex no heavy liftng xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"