11 year old distressed?!

alisha1418

Mother of three girls!
Reaction score
Hey ladies, would any of you have advice for me for my 11 year old daughter? She’s technically my Step Daughter. I’ll have to go back a bit for this to make a whole lot more sense.

We just got her the past year from fighting with her mother in court for Day to Day Care. I don’t want to talk bad about her mother but she’s never made the greatest of choices when it came to get children. She’s constantly doing hard drugs, calling my husband down when she has the chance to, even going as far as telling her own daughter that her father never cared for her. Tons more stuff.
The best example would be how cruel her mother was, is when I first had my first daughter. I was sitting in the hospital bed with my husband. As both of us were waiting for The grandmother to bring his daughter over. She was excited to see Audrey but at the moment she was holding her she looked at us both and asked if this was her replacement. She was 6 at the time.
We even had my step daughter tell us that her mom would always tell her things like her dad didn’t want her. That her dad left because of her. Just a bunch of stuff.

To this day she believes any children her mother had or me and husband are her replacements.

I wanted to know if there’s any way to make her more comfortable with the idea of baby being born. She’s already telling the school she’s not happy. But won’t tell us the real truth on how she feels. :/

Wow. This is so sad. Is she seeing a psychologist/therapist? With all she’s been through, I’d make sure she’s having sessions with a good child psychologist once a week, and I’d get parenting advice from her psychologist/therapist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->