12 hours old i dunno what im doing

well done honey, glad she's taking something, and hope you get to catch up on some sleep soon x

Maisie's belly is absolutely tiny and can only hold a few mls of liquid so at this age, she will feed very little and very often :hugs: Over time her tummy will stretch and get bigger with her, and her appetite will reflect this :) If she's particularly sleepy she could be slightly jaundiced? Evie was like this and when the MW came round to visit (I was home from hospital within 24 hours) she said to put Evie's pram under the window to allow her skin to absorb some sunlight - altho that was in the winter and there wasnt a great deal of sun but MW said that even daylight will help.
Maybe try that too?
Bless you, you're not crap at this hun, you have this little person who you're getting to know, and also remember that being a parent is a very steep learning curve! The early weeks can be very hard for both of you, but take it in your stride, take a deep breath and enjoy! These early weeks are also extremely rewarding and go far too quickly :hugs:

hiya hun, it sounds like she is drift feeding, does she fall asleep after taking the 5-10 ml? If so, you could try giving her a quick top and tail with luke warm water or changing her nappy, to waken her up a little bit again and encourage her to take a bit more. If she cant take more than 5-10ml at the moment, she will soon let you know, by possetting it back up. Some tricks I used, if you are bottle feeding, is tapping the end of the bottle with a finger, firmly, it tends to get them sucking again and tickling the feet. Dont stress yourself out though trying to get her to take more, it may be that she just isnt able to yet xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->