12 month check

Cattia

Reaction score
I didn't think we were being offered one of these, but the HV rang today and has booked us in for one next week. Abigail is 13 months already but apparently they are running behind. Does anyone know what they check? For some reason these things always make me really nervous. I don't know why as I have no reason to be worried about her development (other than that I am a die hard worrier about everything) but I am always afraid that they are suddenly going to find something wrong!

Daisy had a 10 month check and the HV came to our house but we don't get a 12 month one. They just asked loads of questions about her development, her eating, her sleeping etc. I was really nervous too :)!

i havent seen the hv since alexa was about 4 months old. i don't know if i have to book hv appointments or if they book them.

audrey had her check at 8 months, they weighed and measured her and asked if she was crawling and cruising etc (guess this might vary as yours is older), gave her a couple of blocks to hold to see if she could swap them from hand to hand, put some tiny balls of paper on the floor for her to pick up to check her pincer grip and manual dexterity - and that was pretty much it !

We had an 8month check and the hv just asked things like what was she eatting and how much milk she was having etc... and what she can do and she played with her and that was about it. She said we would see her again around 18months.x

Oh no, I don't know if Abigail can swap blocks from one hand to another. I hope she doesn't fail one of their tests! Why am I so nervous about it? I hope it goes OK! When the HV rang me to ask us to make an appointment, she left a message on our phone and my first thought was 'what have I done wrong?' I don't know why the HV are so scary, they're all really nice!

i wouldn't worry, audrey just picked up a block in each hand and then shoved one in her mouth :haha:

we have ours friday - tbh I know what they are going to say - Fynn is ahead and Sam is behind - ta daaaaaa - easy eh lol. I am just going to get them weighed as I havent taken them since nine months.

I am more nervous about their jabs on tuesday eeeekkkkkkk - and I have to go through it twice booooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo

Lizzie had a twelve month check, and spent most of it tipping the contents of the HVs handbag all over the place and running around throwing all sorts of private bits and bobs at all and sundry!

She refused to 'perform' as required - but then started to do things when no one was looking :rofl:

It's really more a chat to check you haven't got any concerns, that eating is going well, that the major milestones are underway...nothing to worry about, honest :hugs: (well, unless your HV has a handbag ripe for wrecking!!)

Well if emptying bags, stealing keys and chewing up old till receipts are any of the tasks she is asked to perform, I think Abigail will pass with flying colours. She will also get bonus points if asked to poke the HV in the eye, shove her fingers in the HVs mouth, or shout very loudly at the HV.....

Well if emptying bags, stealing keys and chewing up old till receipts are any of the tasks she is asked to perform, I think Abigail will pass with flying colours. She will also get bonus points if asked to poke the HV in the eye, shove her fingers in the HVs mouth, or shout very loudly at the HV.....

loooooooooooool :rofl:

Daisy didn't have to 'do' anything at all at hers. She was in her jumperoo actually. The hv just talked to me about what she could do and took my word for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->