12 month injections, how many?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Kay0102, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Kay0102

Kay0102 Well-Known Member

Hi all

i am after some information on these vaccines.
    Me and hubby have couple of days off work end of month so booked little man in for then so i can be with him and not send him nursery.
    At 1 year they are much more aware since last jabs i was wondering how many times they are going to prick him :-( i am dreading it, and after first one he is gonna be hysterical never mind jabbing him again
    also how were your little ones after theirs and when are next ones?

Thanks x

2. going_crazy

going_crazy Still learning.....!

My LO is booked in for hers on 29th. She's just had her 2nd dose of flu jab too!
    She will be having:

Meningitis C, third dose
    Hib, fourth dose (Hib/MenC given as a single jab)
    MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), given as a single jab
    Pneumococcal infection, third dose

So she will be having 3 needles (I think!)

After this, she has her yearly flu jab, possibly the rsv jab too and then her pre school boosters between 3yrs & 5yrs

xxx

3. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

4 here...and then we just gave her the flu one too.

4. kellie_w

kellie_w Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

I'm in the uk, Luke had his about 3 weeks ago. There is 3 needles in total, the mmr which is the one that can give a reaction goes into a leg on it's own. My nurse had all the needles all ready and had all 3 done within seconds, she was really good. He cried really bad for about a minute, then it was all forgotten. I was really worried about the side effects after reading some posts on here, they normally start 5-7 days after but we have had nothing at all so have so far been really lucky! The next injections after are 3 1/2 i think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Good luck x

5. haggle-b

haggle-b Mum of 3, 2 dd's & 1 ds

My LO has just had his at 14m (had to delay due to cold and coughs). He had 3 jabs - 1 in each arm and 1 in a leg. I was shocked it was so many, i thought maybe it would be 2. The nurse had all the needles and plasters ready and was really quick, he whimpered for the first, cried for the 2nd and full on screamed for the 3rd but only for a few mins. I was worried about the side effects but he didnt really suffer from any. We had a few disturbed nights but as he has always been a rubbish sleeper Im not sure if it was down to the jabs or not.

6. Noirin

Noirin Well-Known Member

zak had 3 at 14 months, his mmr and 2 others which i think were Meningitis, he had all 3 in his legs, there was 2 nurses so they counted to 3 and stuck them all in at the same time, they were defo his worse injections so far and they did upset us both (both left cryin) but i was greatful he was able to get the injections as there so many sick babies in other countries that dot have the opportunity......tell urself this wen ur tryin to stop the tears lol xx

7. Kay0102

Kay0102 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all of your replies and info, all taken on board!
    After all the worrying and waiting his is poorly now with a really bad chest so ringing to cancel, just going to rebook for after new year now as no more time off and don't want it near christmas!
    Im sure he will be fine when it comes around and quickly forgotten, nothing lots of mummy kisses and cuddles cant cure
    xx