12 week scan letter. UPDATED

Early pregnancy healthcare under the NHS does seem to be a bit of a postcode lottery - and it seems to have changed over time, too.

The first time my OH was pregnant, we called the local clinic at nearly 8 weeks, had a booking in appointment at around 9½ weeks, during which the midwife arranged for a scan at 12 weeks.

This time around, we contacted the same clinic when my OH was 6 weeks pregnant, to be told that there was a "pre-booking" session at around 9 weeks (which was women-only, and apparently not especially revelatory; largely, it repeated what was in the handout leaflets, so I am told). The booking in appointment wouldn't be until 12 weeks, and the clinic arranged for the 12-week scan separately over the 'phone. Presumably there's some reason for it, but it seems like such a long wait!

I'm yet to find out if our system has changed, but last time, I saw the doc first who was happy enough to confirm the pregnancy by seeing pics of my positive hpt's, so she got me booked in with the MW, booking in at hospital with Midwife at around 9 weeks, scan was a couple of weeks after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->