12 week scan today - not good news

Impy

Reaction score
I went for my 1st (12 week) scan today. As soon as the picture came up on the screen I knew something was wrong, it was mainly black withnothing that looked like a baby. The sonographer then took quite a long time looking and asked if we were sure about our dates - which we were more or less. She said all she could see was a sack so she wanted to do an internal scan to see if she could get a better view. From that she could see that there was just a yolk sac that had 'blown'. She thinks we made it to about 5 weeks before it all went wrong. It is a shame that we have had to wait this long to find out - maybe we will go for a private scan earlier next time - has anyone else done this?

:hugs: I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I have no real advice, I'm sorry

Hi Impy, I am really sorry for your loss. I started brown spotting at 6 weeks and went for an early scan through the Pregnancy Assessment Unit at my local hospital. They only found a sac which is not good even at 6 weeks so I was sent home and told to come back in a week but that my chance of miscarriage was very high. When I went back there was no further change so I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. I am really sorry that it took you to 12 weeks to find the same thing. It was horrible having the bad news, but am glad we found out sooner rather than later. I didn't miscarry naturally so opted for medical management which I had today. Good luck for the future xx

I'm sorry you are going through this! That happened in my first pregnancy. It wasn't found until 8wks and confirmed at 9wks. :-( (((HUGS))))

Impy and Faylou, i am so sorry about your news, i hope to see you both back on here in the not too distant future, god bless and take care XX

Thanks guys. I am already feeling a lot better and I think we will just be getting on with things and start trying again asap.

iv had this experience missed miscarriage it was awful luckily i found out alot earlier than the 12 week scan, I had an 8 week dating scan this time (private) and its well worth the money for reassurance

xxx

Sorry for your loss Impy. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks last September. I was told that I had an empty yolk sac and that the embryo stopped developing at 6 weeks. I had started to bleed before my scan. I became pregnant in Feb and had a private viability scan at 8 weeks just for reassurance. I was really glad I did as it put my mind at rest. My little boy is due in 10 weeks!
Hope things work out well for you.Take care

:hugs: thinking of you, I hope to see you back here soon xx

sorry about your loss. i wish u all the best and hopefully u will be back here soon

hi hun i found out at a private scan at 9+3 that I had a MMC at 8+3 ironic thing was I had had a scan at 8 weeks so it happened 3 days later, you just never know when it happens.

Hope you be ok take care xx

How did you find out how to get a private scan and how much did it cost you?

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

i'm so sorry hun:hugs:

This happened to me with my first pregnancy at the 10+ week scan, it took me a while to get over it.

This happened to me as well....went in for our 12 week ultrasound- the sonographer could not see anything on the tummy ultrasound so she said lets try the transvaginal. Well, as soon as she said that, I knew there was a problem. So during the transvaginal, there was the baby, but no heartbeat and only sized around 9 weeks :( I had not any bleeding or cramping before- so needless to say it was the worst day of my life. I think if I am ever blessed to get pregnant again, I will beg for an earlier ultrasound. Not that it will make any difference, but in my head in might make me feel better. It's torture to be so far along and not think anything is wrong. :hugs: to you...sorry for your loss

So sorryto hear your news hun...i to had missed m/c back in 2006 this wasnt confirmed till i went for my 12 week scan as i had no symptoms to suggest i was miscarrying the baby had stopped forming at 7 weeks ..i had never heard of a missed m/c until i had one.

Hope you feel better soon and good luck in ttc againx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"