12 week scan today - not good news

:hugs:
i had a mmc confirmed at almost 13wk
baby had actually died at 10..was very hard
stay strong
thinking of you xx

I am so sorry, i don't know what to say as i know nothing will take the pain away, stay strong xxxx

I'm so sorry. It's so sad when you don't find out for so long like that. :hugs2:

last march i was 11wk5days and started spotting, so i phoned up as it was a few days b4 12wk scan and sadley id mmc the baby ad only grown to 5wk :cry: i had a dnc to have everything removed, but like u whn i fell preg again i didnt wana wait till 12wk to find out if everything was ok, so i went to see my gp bout my worries and he got me a scan at 8wk thankfully were now parents to our first littleboy, try not to loose hope hun, sounds crazy but ur body can get rid of one pregnancy ready for a healthy one xx
goodluck 4the future x

the same happen to me with my 2nd m/c i was about 11w befor we found out it would of been alot better if they scaned me early it would of save alot of time and pain, this time the are scaning me at six weeks, im so sorry for you loss hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am very sorry for your loss :( It's horrible that you found out only at 12 weeks. But there is nothing you could have done. Hope to see you back soon.

Hi ladies

This thread is both sooo useful but scary at the same time. I really am truely sorry for all your losses.

I have a few q's, if you don't mind.

1) If you get told at week 12 that the baby died at week 5, why would you only then bleed / spot?? Why would you not have bled at 5 weeks?

2) do you still feel pregnant from say the 5 weeks to the time of the scan (which confirms the baby died?)

3) Would a hpt still confirm that you are pregnant? and if yes, for how long after you've miscarried?

I hope the questions do not make you feel uncomfortable, but please answer if you know,

Thank you
Nicola xx

Well- for me, I never did bleed and my baby had been gone around 3 weeks. I did lose my symtoms around week 9 though and that ended up being when the baby died. I did not take a pregnancy test during that time, but 2 weeks after my D&C I was still getting a positive. It finally went negative about 3 weeks after the D&C. Hope this helps

I'm so sorry for your loss :-(

Alas, I had similar experiences with MMC's, but I won't go into detail.

There is hope, it may not seem like it now, I know I was devastated and still think what if? Was it my fault? Did I do something wrong?...but they were simply not meant to be. If they had not happened I would not have had my gorgeous son and #2 on the way right now.

You need time to come to terms with everything and when you decide to TTC again speak to your GP about an early scan. More often than not they will arrange one due to your previous experience.

Take Care :hugs:

Cx

Im so sorry! I know what you are going through, I have just been there myself! "luckily" I went for a private early sac at what I thought was 7 weeks....so I was prepared for the worst. Early scans are worrying if you go too early, but yes, at least you know sooner!

To the lady that asked if you would still get +HPT tests....the answer is yes. I had a MMC at 6/7 weeks and a D&C at ten weeks, that was over a week ago and im still getting +HPTs although they are getting fainter.

Be strong! x

aww babes im so sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing in June. my baba stopped growing at 9 weeks, had to have a d&c. Everyone deals with things differently but try to keep your chin up. Nothing u have done has caused this, its just natures way of dealing with something that wasnt right to begin with. we all hope to see u back here soon. sending my love and best wishes. stay strong xx

I have a question for the girls with the missed miscarriages...

Did you still feel pregnant that whole time, feeling the twinges, think you were growing, etc? Did you ever have even the slightest worry during the time before finding out that something could be wrong?

Thanks and I'm sorry for your losses.

:hug: i am so sorry for you loss huni!! And so sorry you had to find out so late!! Thinking of you both xx

I had lost pretty much all of my symptoms....so I knew deep down something wasn't right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->