12 week scan today with pic querie about downs results

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mum2beagain, Dec 23, 2009.

1. mum2beagain

mum2beagain mum to 3 under 5

had our 12 weeks us today it was amazing baby had grown so much in 2 weeks bit concerned bout my downs tests as it was 1 in 1500 to start with but my bloods came bk at 1 in 200 making my final result 1 in 1200 any one elses bloods come bk with higher risk ? other than that everything was fab next scan is at 21w1d on the 25th of feb cant wait just wanted to add we are not concerned bout the downs risk as it is still very good odds just wondered if anyone elses scan had been fine bt bloods not soo great>

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

in this one baby was waving

2. natasja32

natasja32 Mum to 4 boys

Hey hunny... My scan result came back as 1:2000 and my bloods came back as 1:15 which brought my overall result down to 1:67. I had an amnio done for downs and it came back negative. For me this means a prob with my babies placenta as we had the same with my previous baby. Hope all is well for you lovely.:hugs:

3. mum2beagain

i am just so torn as i have had many misscairages i do not want to risk the amnio or cvs as they carry risk of misscairage but keep thinking if there was something wrong wouldnt it be best to know incase it something that could be preventable if that makes sence

4. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing. I guess the results are a little frightening, but if the doctors don't seem concerned, I wouldn't be....There's always something to worry about isn't there. I am scared stiff about my NT Scan next week as I am 34 with multiple losses!!

5. crossroads

crossroads Co-creator of a boy &girl

How old are you hun? x

6. mum2beagain

im only 20 thats why i found it quite a high risk for my age im sure it will all be fine im just such a worryer and when i had my dd in 2007 they only done the neck measurment and her risk was 1:6000 so just seems a bit high

7. wannabubba#4

wannabubba#4 Maybe 1More! DD+3DS <3

Hi - When I was expecting my 2nd child -and I was only 24; my down's risk came back high at 1:50 -I chose to have an amniocentesis as i needed to prepare mentally for any eventuality and everything was fine and then I went on to have perfectly healthy wonderful baby boy. 1:1200 seems okay to me, but I am no expert -my risk is higher this time already just cos of my age lol and I haven't had my NT scan or bloods yet.

Take care and try not to worry xx

8. mum2beagain

thanks hun if it wasnt for the bloody blood test id be ok lol it was just that thats worried me but im feeling more relaxd hearing many others woth alot higher risk have had healthy babies or had clear test results

9. kc1980

kc1980 Well-Known Member

10. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Great scan pics :) x