12 week scan tomorrow and so very nervous

LaurenaC

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel petrified ahead of their 12 week scan?

I keep thinking it will be bad. There is no logical reason to think there is anything wrong. I've had regular scans where everything has been fine with the last one 11 days ago but I still can't help thinking the worst.

Has a scan at 10 weeks 4 days due to loss of symptoms and all was fine. Bought that dreaded Doppler last Friday and couldn't find a HB but have been told numerous times that I shouldn't worry about that as the professionals struggle at 11 weeks.

But, I still can't get this horrible feeling out of my head. Logically speaking the chance of a missed miscarriage after seeing a HB at 10 weeks 4 days would be statically really low so why am I thinking like this?

xx

It's only natural to worry about the little life growing inside of you. I've been spotting since the day of my missed period and thought the worst when I went in for my 7 weeks scan after measuring behind in my 6 weeks scan. Turns out I was just behind and I ovulated late and the baby had a heartbeat and everything. I'm still spotting and every time I see it I think the worst even though I try to remember that my baby grew in spite of the spotting. I have to wait four more weeks for my next scan and that's all I can think about. Lol! I don't even care about Christmas, I forgot all about it XD I just care about that next scan

It's only natural to worry about the little life growing inside of you. I've been spotting since the day of my missed period and thought the worst when I went in for my 7 weeks scan after measuring behind in my 6 weeks scan. Turns out I was just behind and I ovulated late and the baby had a heartbeat and everything. I'm still spotting and every time I see it I think the worst even though I try to remember that my baby grew in spite of the spotting. I have to wait four more weeks for my next scan and that's all I can think about. Lol! I don't even care about Christmas, I forgot all about it XD I just care about that next scan

I know exactly how you feel. I had spotting at about 7/ 8 weeks and it turned out I had a blood clot attached to the sac. But, every time I go to the toilet I am checking for blood and it really freaks me out. I swear I saw some today but I think I am just convincing myself that it is when it's not.

I really don't care about Christmas either, I keep thinking that if it's bad news tomorrow I am going to want to hide away and not even celebrate at all. We told my husband's two children this weekend just gone as well, they are 6 and 9 and they were really negative about it. They worried that they are going to be pushed out and were crying. So, I feel like if something goes wrong now I will resent them as well for not being happy.

My illogical brain is in overdrive and the logical brain is nowhere to be seen.

I hope neither of us has to face the unthinkable.. good luck to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"